Grilled Lobster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grilled Lobster

Since I noticed there has not been a post in half a year, I though I'd update to include Grilled Florida Lobster from last night. The weather was real nice last evening in the mid 70's so we ate outside enjoying the sunset. Also on the menu was asparagus, fish for one of the kids and tomato slices.

I vacuum pack the whole tails on waxed cardboard and freeze to enjoy them all year long.
    [br]Mako 241[br]Winter Garden, FL

Looks good []
    ROGUE I[br]1978 235 CC[br]Newburyport, MA[br]ROGUE II[br]1987 17\' Montauk[br]Camden, ME[br]

Comment

any prep work on the lobster or asparagus?

love both of these on the grill, usually garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper for the asparagus and a lime, jalapeno and olive oil glaze on the lobster. MMmmmmm!
      76 25 \"Aenigma\"[br]73 17[br]Richland/Long Beach, MS[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14182[br][br]17 project[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=56176

Comment

I thaw the tails and split longways from the top and lay it out, pre lifting the meat from the underside and laying it back in the shell. Lightly rub olive oil, then salt, pepper, Zatarains on the meat side. Cook for about 4-5 min (closed grill) meat side down depending on the fire (prefer a fire like for a steak, hot, but not wildly hot). Then turn and cook for another 4-5 min (grill closed, shell side down), lightly brushing clarified butter on several times careful to not overdo it and cause a flareup. The shell side down helps contain the butter. For the asparagus I trim and soak in cold water in the fridge for several hours which makes them real crisp. Then drain water and marinade in the fridge for several hours in a 1:2 ratio of Soy sauce to Olive oil. Then drain, salt, pepper, Zatarains and lemon juice and grill for 6-8 min turning and shuffling several times.

This is how the tails look coming out of the freezer. They stay real fresh if you cut the cardboard smaller than the bag and space out the tails so the plastic "wraps" the tail when you vacuum seal.
        [br]Mako 241[br]Winter Garden, FL

Comment

nYou knocked me off[]. Thanks for sharing, I just ate and now I'm hungry again.

I'm still hungry!

BWP
          [br]Starcraft Bluewater 180, 1988[br]1996 Mercury 115 2+2 exlpto[br]Project Link: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=46572

Comment

That looks delish! []
            1979 Mako 20 w/150hp Merc[br]\"Fin N\' Tonic\"[br]Comstock Marina[br]New Jersey [br]

Comment

That looks delish! []
              1979 Mako 20 w/150hp Merc[br]\"Fin N\' Tonic\"[br]Comstock Marina[br]New Jersey [br]

Comment

Working...
              X