Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JerseyJarred
    replied
    I know its been awhile but my god that looks good. Perfectly cooked.

Leave a comment:

• bluewater poser
    replied
    I just had lunch, Im hungry again.

Im in love.[)]

BWP

Leave a comment:

• Z-man
    replied
    I have been doing smoked wings a lot lately. I take either the buffalo butter or jalepeno butter injection marinade (Outdoor World has them) and inject each wing. Let them sit for an hour in the fridge after injecting then spread them out on cooling racks and sprinkle Tony Chacheres (sp) creole seasing on them. 2-2 1/2 hours on the smoker and they are done. They Are So good ny buddies don't even want buffalo wings anymore.

Leave a comment:

• TheFishTank
    replied
    Awesome looking smoked fish Z!!!!

Here are some ideas for ya:

Smoked fish cakes:

Make them Maryland style with some flaked up smoked fish!

4 cups cubed fresh white bread

2 cups flaked smoked fish

2 tbsp mayo

1 tsp dijon or brown mustard

1 egg

1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley

1 tbsp Old Bay (+/- to taste)

Mix the egg, mayo, mustard and Old Bay

Add the fish, parsley and bread, toss lightly to mix evenly

Make 6 small mounds, about a cup in volume, in a baking pan

Don't flatten or compress them.

Bake at 350* until evenly browned and spongy/firm (about 20 minutes)

Serve with lemon wedges and favorite beverage.

Can change this up a little by varying the seasonings:

SW style: Use chipotle seasoning and chopped cilantro instead of parsley. Can even add black beans and roast corn to stretch the yield

Asian style: use Panko instead of white bread; sub in soy & sesame oil for the mustard and ginger for seasonings, chopped scallions for the parsley and even a dash of stir fry sauce.

Some other ideas: Cajun or Buffalo style fritters; Smoked fish chowder (NE style), Creamed smoked fish on toast (like creamed beef).

Leave a comment:

• Z-man
    replied
    Sorry, I haven't been on for a while to respond. I run my smoker at 225-250. Always open your stack wide open on your smoker and adjust your vents to control temps, not the stack. It takes some practice but once you figure it out it is pretty easy to maintain. The other thing to do is get a good digital probe thermometer. Most of them have a target temp setting for different meats; Pork, beef, chicken turkey etc. Once you select your meat then you can select the doneness you want and when it gets within 5-10 degrees of that temp I pull it and wrap it up in foil to rest for 20-30 minutes. If you leave it on til you hit the target temp (espiecially beef) it will get overdone as it continues to cook after you wrap it. Hope that helps.

here is some fish I did for Smoked Fish Dip

[/URL]

[/URL]

Leave a comment:

• makonut
    replied
    That looks awesome...nice job...can you share what temp for 3 1/2 hours...Ive tried to smoke pork, beef, turkey... etc...but I can't seem to get the hang of it...might be a patience thing...although I can put a few seasoned pork butts in the oven on low for hours...go figure...

Leave a comment:

• TheFishTank
    replied
    smoking prime rib: a rare medium, well done!

I applaud you sir!

Leave a comment:

• Z-man
    replied
    Only reason I bought it was Publix had it on sale otherwisw pork butts are a lot cheaper. It yielded 4 nice steaks and 2 beef ribs. Steaks were awesome!!!! I never got to try the beef ribs as my 14 year old son made an after school snack out of them.

Leave a comment:

• ssfishx
    replied
    quote:

Originally posted by michigan dave

Beef has gotten so expensive....That looks super in those pics....

d

I've gotten where it hurts my feelings to walk by the meat case....

Z-man that looks so good I can almost smell it[]

Leave a comment:

• michigan dave
    replied
    Beef has gotten so expensive....That looks super in those pics....

d

Leave a comment:

• cw.abeljr
    replied
    OMG does that look good.

Leave a comment:

• Z-man
    started a topic A little smoked prime rib

A little smoked prime rib

Tried this cut for the first time Sunday. Turned out pretty well. Rubbed it with Black peper, salt, onion powder and garlic powder. 3 hours 15 minutes on the smoker and I was ready to eat

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]
Working...
X