A little smoked prime rib

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little smoked prime rib

Tried this cut for the first time Sunday. Turned out pretty well. Rubbed it with Black peper, salt, onion powder and garlic powder. 3 hours 15 minutes on the smoker and I was ready to eat

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

1983 Mako 254/1999 Sport Nautique GT-40/1997 Sea Doo GSi/ 1984 Surf Jet

OMG does that look good.
    Clyde[br]1978 Mako 23 IB[br]\"Shark Bait\" ***SOLD***[br]Kent Island, Md. [br]gone but not forgotten[br]Current Boat-1985 26Foot Shamrock Cuddy Cabin [br]Yanmar 4LHA-STE 230 HP Diesel Engine[br]

Comment

Beef has gotten so expensive....That looks super in those pics....

d
      [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by michigan dave

Beef has gotten so expensive....That looks super in those pics....

d

I've gotten where it hurts my feelings to walk by the meat case....

Z-man that looks so good I can almost smell it[]
        76 25 \"Aenigma\"[br]73 17[br]Richland/Long Beach, MS[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14182[br][br]17 project[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=56176

Comment

Only reason I bought it was Publix had it on sale otherwisw pork butts are a lot cheaper. It yielded 4 nice steaks and 2 beef ribs. Steaks were awesome!!!! I never got to try the beef ribs as my 14 year old son made an after school snack out of them.

Comment

smoking prime rib: a rare medium, well done!

I applaud you sir!
            [br]DonK[br]Boca Raton, FL[br]1979 236IB: \'The Fish Tank\'[br]1979 Backcountry 18 \'Boner\'[br]<>< <>< <>< <>< ><> J[br]Redneck Troubleshooting:[br]1) If it moves, but ain\'t supposed to, use Duct Tape[br]2) If it don\'t move, but supposed to, use WD40[br]3) If that don\'t fix it, it\'s electrical![br]

Comment

That looks awesome...nice job...can you share what temp for 3 1/2 hours...Ive tried to smoke pork, beef, turkey... etc...but I can't seem to get the hang of it...might be a patience thing...although I can put a few seasoned pork butts in the oven on low for hours...go figure...
              1987 21b[br]Ocean City, MD[br]Captain - Master 50GT[br]Maryland Fishing Guide[br]Running Tide Charters[br]

Comment

Sorry, I haven't been on for a while to respond. I run my smoker at 225-250. Always open your stack wide open on your smoker and adjust your vents to control temps, not the stack. It takes some practice but once you figure it out it is pretty easy to maintain. The other thing to do is get a good digital probe thermometer. Most of them have a target temp setting for different meats; Pork, beef, chicken turkey etc. Once you select your meat then you can select the doneness you want and when it gets within 5-10 degrees of that temp I pull it and wrap it up in foil to rest for 20-30 minutes. If you leave it on til you hit the target temp (espiecially beef) it will get overdone as it continues to cook after you wrap it. Hope that helps.

here is some fish I did for Smoked Fish Dip

[/URL]

[/URL]

Comment

Awesome looking smoked fish Z!!!!

Here are some ideas for ya:

Smoked fish cakes:

Make them Maryland style with some flaked up smoked fish!

4 cups cubed fresh white bread

2 cups flaked smoked fish

2 tbsp mayo

1 tsp dijon or brown mustard

1 egg

1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley

1 tbsp Old Bay (+/- to taste)

Mix the egg, mayo, mustard and Old Bay

Add the fish, parsley and bread, toss lightly to mix evenly

Make 6 small mounds, about a cup in volume, in a baking pan

Don't flatten or compress them.

Bake at 350* until evenly browned and spongy/firm (about 20 minutes)

Serve with lemon wedges and favorite beverage.

Can change this up a little by varying the seasonings:

SW style: Use chipotle seasoning and chopped cilantro instead of parsley. Can even add black beans and roast corn to stretch the yield

Asian style: use Panko instead of white bread; sub in soy & sesame oil for the mustard and ginger for seasonings, chopped scallions for the parsley and even a dash of stir fry sauce.

Some other ideas: Cajun or Buffalo style fritters; Smoked fish chowder (NE style), Creamed smoked fish on toast (like creamed beef).

[br]DonK[br]Boca Raton, FL[br]1979 236IB: \'The Fish Tank\'[br]1979 Backcountry 18 \'Boner\'[br]<>< <>< <>< <>< ><> J[br]Redneck Troubleshooting:[br]1) If it moves, but ain\'t supposed to, use Duct Tape[br]2) If it don\'t move, but supposed to, use WD40[br]3) If that don\'t fix it, it\'s electrical![br]

Comment

I have been doing smoked wings a lot lately. I take either the buffalo butter or jalepeno butter injection marinade (Outdoor World has them) and inject each wing. Let them sit for an hour in the fridge after injecting then spread them out on cooling racks and sprinkle Tony Chacheres (sp) creole seasing on them. 2-2 1/2 hours on the smoker and they are done. They Are So good ny buddies don't even want buffalo wings anymore.

Comment

I just had lunch, Im hungry again.

Im in love.[)]

BWP
                      [br]Starcraft Bluewater 180, 1988[br]1996 Mercury 115 2+2 exlpto[br]Project Link: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=46572

Comment

I know its been awhile but my god that looks good. Perfectly cooked.
                        1979 Mako 20 w/150hp Merc[br]\"Fin N\' Tonic\"[br]Comstock Marina[br]New Jersey [br]

Comment

Working...
                        X