Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby back ribs

Howdy all-

I'm wanting to learn some of your ideas for making ribs.

Our method that proved good is:

- put them on grill for a few minutes , each side to sear them.

- coat them in BBQ sauce and seal in tinfoil and put in oven for 1 hr at 350deg

And them 3-4 hrs at 250deg

They usually come out well and fall off the bone . Last time we made them they came out dry and I think it is because I skipped the searing process.
    1986 Mako 224 , 06 Optimax 225[br]Gilbert, AZ[br]

Slow cooker 8hrs on low, grill use a smoker such as a green egg. You can cook great ribs on a gas grill but it usually for me involves indirect heat cooking. Those are the ways I do it, slow cooker ribs turn out amazing, though there is nothing quite like smoked ribs.

Comment

St Louis cut, baby back or beef ribs?

for the St Louis cut i like rub wrap in saran wrap and let rest in the fridge or ice chest overnight, unwrap then smoke with pecan for 3 hours at 210 degrees,mop with sauce or braising liquid and wrap in foil then back on the smoker for another hour. let em rest for 20 minutes then unwrapped on the grill for a couple minutes to caramelize the sauce and give a little char.

also like country style ribs in the slow cooker with some sour kraut

3 lbs country style ribs

1 granny smith apple peeled cored and cut in small chunks

1 white onion peeled and sliced into rings

1 large can or jar sour kraut, drained

2 tablespoons brown sugar

1/2 cup apple juice

salt and pepper ribs and brown on all sides in a frying pan, layer ingredients starting with the ribs in slow cooker and pour apple juice over them. cook on low for 8 hours. serve with garlic mashed taters and buttered peas.

enjoy
      76 25 \"Aenigma\"[br]73 17[br]Richland/Long Beach, MS[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14182[br][br]17 project[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=56176

Comment

If I do not smoke then I put baby backs in the slow cooker for 8 hrs, they get a brown sugar, smoke salt, honey and mustard rub on them and cook on low for 8hrs in that. Smoke salt we have is very smokey and gives an amazing smoke flavor to the meat. Then I coat in a raspberry or other type of sauce and throw on lo broil setting in oven for around 20mins. I really don't like to have sauce on things on our grill.

Comment

Love ribs. I have gotten the best results as follows. I put a nice coat of dry rub on them the night before. Dry rub can be any of your choice. I then place them in the oven at 250 degrees for about 2 - 3 hours in a shallow baking pan. Then, I mop on a good barbecue sauce and finish them on a charcoal grill for about 15 minutes to get some grill marks and slight char. I then serve with additional sauce on the side. I also know people who do a similar first step but boil them instead at medium. Not a fan of boiling because it imparts no flavor, on the contrary. But, they do end up falling off the bone. Tight lines.
          1990 Mako 211 \"Law Enforcement Edition\" with 2013 Suzuki DF 175[br]2008 13\' Tracker V-Bottom with four stroke 15 Merc[br]1995 Classic Contender 25 with Twin E-Tec 150s (sold)[br]1987 Oceanic 21 with Rude 200 OceanPro (sold)[br]Hollywood, FL[br][br]

Comment

I smoke them from start to finish. Ribs get all the silver pulled off the back, then a light rub of honey mustard and a coating of Bad Byrons Butt rub mixed with brown sugar the night before. wrap tight and put in a cooler or fridge. Get the smoker up to 250and let them roll on open smoke (2 hours for babay backs and 3 for st louis) I then pull them and wrap in foil with a generous helping of brown sugar, butter and honey on Both sides, wrap tight and back to the smoker for (1 hour for baby backs and 2 for st louis) Finally I peel back the foil and place directly on the rack again and sauce until the sauce becomes caramelized and rib rack bends without breaking apart. If they break apart you cooked them too long.

* cook times vary depending on smoker, temp, and thickness of ribs but my cooktimes are a good baseline

1983 Mako 254/1999 Sport Nautique GT-40/1997 Sea Doo GSi/ 1984 Surf Jet

Comment

I do mine like Juan...250 degrees for 2 1/2 hours in foil then caramelize the sauce on the grill. 3hrs and they fall off the bone. I like them to leave a bite mark in the meat when you bite into them.

300 degrees for 3 hours for Beef short ribs. Coating the short ribs with Espresso as a dry rub before the cooking really works well.

A friend turned me on to a great website

www.amazingribs.com
              Andy[br]Wilmington, NC[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39991[br]2012 Hydra Sports 3000VX[br]1997 Mako 263 (SOLD)[br]1976 Mako 20 (SOLD)

Comment

Working...
              X