X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• makonut
    replied
    Thanks...I'll trade...

Would be interested in trying to help with a funament...

Leave a comment:

• brando
    replied
    Nice work on the sausage...maybe do a trade for a rock anchor with 4 spines ...[]

As far as a funament in OC.....tried to get one together last Aug but very little interest from here. However more MD guys have joined .

Leave a comment:

• makonut
    replied
    quote:

Originally posted by t-bone

Very cool and old school.

Man I wish my town could support a local butcher. I have watch 3 of them come and go now.

You know, it's funny, I was out of work in 2008 and the wife and I went to waterfront area in annapolis and looked at several comm. properties to do just that...we have some great italian specialties that we thought would be a great addition to the waterfront atmosphere...from meats to pastries and a bunch of stuff in between...I got cold feet with the economy in such shambles...

I have some more modern stainless equipment but it's not the same...I enjoy turning that handle on the cast iron stuffer...

Leave a comment:

• t-bone
    replied
    Very cool and old school.

Man I wish my town could support a local butcher. I have watch 3 of them come and go now.

Leave a comment:

• makonut
    replied
    quote:

Originally posted by t-bone

Man that looks good. What do you use for stuffing it?

Todd

Thanks Todd, yea it is good....if there's any interest in a Funament in the OC area, I'll supply the sausage... ;-)

I use a stuffer that my grandfather used to use...he came from Sicily and opened a butcher shop in S. Philly at 21st and Mifflin...my uncle Joe runs the shop now at 17th and Rittner...relatives are over on 9th street....although their recipe is different.

Here's a pic of one like it...it is 8 quart and holds 16 pounds at a time....very convenient that hog casings if from a good supplier 29 to 32 mm will hold 15 1/2 pounds of sausage.

Leave a comment:

• t-bone
    replied
    Man that looks good. What do you use for stuffing it?

Todd

Leave a comment:

• makonut
    started a topic 60 Pounds of Fine Italian Sausage for the Holidays

60 Pounds of Fine Italian Sausage for the Holidays

Just finished a 60lb batch of Italian sausage in 3 flavors, Hot, Sweet, and Cheese... here's a 16lb rope before it's tied into links.

Working...
X