• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any yellowtail snapper reciepies

looking for yellowtail snapper reciepe
    84 mako 254 \"Child Seaport\" Polk City Fl

Hey Jeff,

I know you're getting ready to head to the keys, and we'll be there shortly ourselves, but one of my favorite yellow tail dishes is done on the grill. I fillet them out, take the skin off, dip the fillets in bowl of virgin olive oil, and throw on the grill, baste them in butter as they cook, flipping them as they cook, and then sprinkle Janes Lime Pepper on them. I've never seen this stuff anywhere except the keys. It's sweet, has a little kick of lime, and a mild pepper flavor. It's simply terrific. Oh yeah, this fish likes to be slightly undercooked. It just melts in your mouth. Since we usually stay in Tavenier, we get our stock from the Trading Post of Islamorda. If you stop there, you'll need to pick up a key lime pie too; they are killer[].

2001-2796 HydraSport Vector Twin F250[br]1992 221B F250-ReleaseMe2-Sold[br]1994 161 Flats-ReleaseMe[br]Palm Bay, Fl[br]Project thread: http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40591[br]

Comment

Hey Jeff,

I know you're getting ready to head to the keys, and we'll be there shortly ourselves, but one of my favorite yellow tail dishes is done on the grill. I fillet them out, take the skin off, dip the fillets in bowl of virgin olive oil, and throw on the grill, baste them in butter as they cook, flipping them as they cook, and then sprinkle Janes Lime Pepper on them. I've never seen this stuff anywhere except the keys. It's sweet, has a little kick of lime, and a mild pepper flavor. It's simply terrific. Oh yeah, this fish likes to be slightly undercooked. It just melts in your mouth. Since we usually stay in Tavenier, we get our stock from the Trading Post of Islamorda. If you stop there, you'll need to pick up a key lime pie too; they are killer[].

2001-2796 HydraSport Vector Twin F250[br]1992 221B F250-ReleaseMe2-Sold[br]1994 161 Flats-ReleaseMe[br]Palm Bay, Fl[br]Project thread: http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40591[br]

Comment

Yellow tail Francias: The egg coating on the outside absorbs the sauce which makes it especially savory.

YT filets

seasoned flour

stick of butter

tiny capers

about 2 cups white wine

eggs

cooked angel hair pasta. (orzo is a nice option too)

1) melt butter in a saute pan, enough to get up along the sides of the filet

2) Dredge filets in seasoned flour, shake off excess

3) dip floured filets into beaten eggs

4) immediately place filets into skillet, cook until light browned, turn gently

5) when browned on both sides, drain excess butter (or not) and add white wine, capers and maybe a sprinkle of dill.

6)let the filets soak up some of the sauce, remove, add a little more wine then allow sauce to reduce until rich. For extra richness, when thickened, drop in a couple pieces of cold butter and swirl around in the sauce (off the heat). the butter will make the sauce 'airy' and light (called 'final liaison' in classic cuisine)

7)toss the angel hair pasta in the remaining sauce transfer to plate, top with filet.
        [br]DonK[br]Boca Raton, FL[br]1979 236IB: \'The Fish Tank\'[br]1979 Backcountry 18 \'Boner\'[br]<>< <>< <>< <>< ><> J[br]Redneck Troubleshooting:[br]1) If it moves, but ain\'t supposed to, use Duct Tape[br]2) If it don\'t move, but supposed to, use WD40[br]3) If that don\'t fix it, it\'s electrical![br]

Comment

Yellow tail Francias: The egg coating on the outside absorbs the sauce which makes it especially savory.

YT filets

seasoned flour

stick of butter

tiny capers

about 2 cups white wine

eggs

cooked angel hair pasta. (orzo is a nice option too)

1) melt butter in a saute pan, enough to get up along the sides of the filet

2) Dredge filets in seasoned flour, shake off excess

3) dip floured filets into beaten eggs

4) immediately place filets into skillet, cook until light browned, turn gently

5) when browned on both sides, drain excess butter (or not) and add white wine, capers and maybe a sprinkle of dill.

6)let the filets soak up some of the sauce, remove, add a little more wine then allow sauce to reduce until rich. For extra richness, when thickened, drop in a couple pieces of cold butter and swirl around in the sauce (off the heat). the butter will make the sauce 'airy' and light (called 'final liaison' in classic cuisine)

7)toss the angel hair pasta in the remaining sauce transfer to plate, top with filet.
          [br]DonK[br]Boca Raton, FL[br]1979 236IB: \'The Fish Tank\'[br]1979 Backcountry 18 \'Boner\'[br]<>< <>< <>< <>< ><> J[br]Redneck Troubleshooting:[br]1) If it moves, but ain\'t supposed to, use Duct Tape[br]2) If it don\'t move, but supposed to, use WD40[br]3) If that don\'t fix it, it\'s electrical![br]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by ReleaseMe

Hey Jeff,

I get the Janes at our local Publix--good on everything.

Try some spicy fish taco's--I have been on a kick lately..fresh cilantro is the key.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by ReleaseMe

Hey Jeff,

I get the Janes at our local Publix--good on everything.

Try some spicy fish taco's--I have been on a kick lately..fresh cilantro is the key.

Comment

Working...
              X