No announcement yet.

Rockfish anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mmm.. rockfish tacos (or rocko taco, if you will) are a fan favorite!

i can eat myself right into a stupor with those.

Grill or bake it, flake it, and load up a stuffer taco shell, along with cheese, shredded cabbage and a slathered in a mayo, lemon juice and old bay slurry...

Awww, sookie..

I also grilled a whole fish wrapped in foil the other nite, and doubt I'll grill it any other way from now on.
    If it doesn\'t run off of gunpowder or fossil fuel, im not interested...

Comment

Mmm.. rockfish tacos (or rocko taco, if you will) are a fan favorite!

i can eat myself right into a stupor with those.

Grill or bake it, flake it, and load up a stuffer taco shell, along with cheese, shredded cabbage and a slathered in a mayo, lemon juice and old bay slurry...

Awww, sookie..

I also grilled a whole fish wrapped in foil the other nite, and doubt I'll grill it any other way from now on.
      If it doesn\'t run off of gunpowder or fossil fuel, im not interested...

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by triplecrownnc

quote:

Originally posted by ssfishx

would it compare to grouper or halibut?

I would say it would be very close to those, grouper having a slightly stronger flavor than striper. Fresh striper is almost sweet to me.

Now I understand the hunt for Striper's If the flavor is up to the quality of Grouper or Halibut then it must be awesome indeed. When do they start running in the NC or SC areas?? dave
        [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by triplecrownnc

quote:

Originally posted by ssfishx

would it compare to grouper or halibut?

I would say it would be very close to those, grouper having a slightly stronger flavor than striper. Fresh striper is almost sweet to me.

Now I understand the hunt for Striper's If the flavor is up to the quality of Grouper or Halibut then it must be awesome indeed. When do they start running in the NC or SC areas?? dave
          [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by michigan dave

NC, SC? Did you move on us again Dave?

Todd
            Mako 22b, Lost to hurricane irene and a 4\' oak tree [xx(][br]Annapolis, MD

Comment

quote:

Todd
              Mako 22b, Lost to hurricane irene and a 4\' oak tree [xx(][br]Annapolis, MD

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by t-bone

quote:

Todd

No I didnt move, but thats about my closest east coast area. I suppose Jersey south would work..... hehehhe Love to catch one of those some day.... dave

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by t-bone

quote:

Todd

No I didnt move, but thats about my closest east coast area. I suppose Jersey south would work..... hehehhe Love to catch one of those some day.... dave

Comment

Just marinade the fillets in Zesty Italian salad dressing for a few hours and grill it.
                    Pete[br]MaColAh III [br]93\' 261b[br]HO 200 hp ETEC\'s[br]Cape Cod[br]

Comment

Just marinade the fillets in Zesty Italian salad dressing for a few hours and grill it.
                      Pete[br]MaColAh III [br]93\' 261b[br]HO 200 hp ETEC\'s[br]Cape Cod[br]

Comment

I found this one.... One word... Awesome! Works with rockfish

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/t...ipe/index.html
                        1994 Mako 201[br]

Comment

Working...
                        X