Ingredients:

1 fresh FL Spiny lobster tail

1 fresh Hogfish (snapper or mahi)

1 onion

1 cilantro

1 tomato

6 lemons

6 limes

Dice the onion, tomato, cilantro and combine with small, raw, cut pieces of the hogfish filets and the lobster meat (remove from tail). Mix into a bowl and cut the lemons and limes into wedges. In the bowl, squeeze contents of lemons and limes into the bowl, cover and let sit in a cooler or fride for 30mins. Remove from fridge and eat. This is a super easy recipe that you can even prepare on the boat. Usually while we are spearfishing, the first lobster tail and hog get turned into lunch. Avocados are especially good with this.
    Simmer Down[br]\'03 Contender 23 Open, 250 HPDI[br]UPTIGHT[br]\'94 Mako 211 Classic, 250 OX66 --SOLD--[br]Miami[br][URL=http://s45.photobucket.com/user/wobbet60/media/Contender%2023/S5031021.jpg.html]

so you eat this raw? hmm, hafta give this a try, recipe does sound delish
    sold 1991 211

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by RockMe

so you eat this raw? hmm, hafta give this a try, recipe does sound delish

the acid in the lemons and limes sort of cook the fish.
      David, New Kent, Va[br]

[br]Project Thread: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=21067[br]

Comment

just had it over the week-end, everyone who ate it wants the recipe...
        sold 1991 211

Comment

It is ridiculously good. Feel free to get wild and add to it.
          Simmer Down[br]\'03 Contender 23 Open, 250 HPDI[br]UPTIGHT[br]\'94 Mako 211 Classic, 250 OX66 --SOLD--[br]Miami[br][URL=http://s45.photobucket.com/user/wobbet60/media/Contender%2023/S5031021.jpg.html]

Comment

Recipe looks great! We use the same ingredients in our ceviche, the only difference is that we marinate the seafood seperately for 6-8 hours then give it a quick cold water rinse. But this weekend, your recipe is in the plan, thanks.
            1993 Mako 221B, 1997 Yamaha 250hp

Comment

Tgats, do you marinate in the lemon and lime or something else? For me this ceviche has always been a quick dish to take advantage of the freshest fish.

Comment

bey dat sounds like one scorch conch!
                L_Bones[br]Nassau, Bahamas[br]\'82 Mako 21 - \'98 200HP Merc[br]

Comment

Sorry it took so long to respond, I use a cup of lime juice and a cup of orange juice (both fresh squeezed). After marinading I drain and give a quick cold water rinse to get rid of the excess marinade. I also add bell pepper to the mix, green, yellow and red, along with a dash of hot sauce. Your recipe will be utilized on the boat this coming week in the Keys.

quote:

Originally posted by wobbet60

Tgats, do you marinate in the lemon and lime or something else? For me this ceviche has always been a quick dish to take advantage of the freshest fish.

1993 Mako 221B, 1997 Yamaha 250hp

Comment

Ceviche... God's gift to the mariner.
                    Drewsocean, Lake Worth, Fl[br]1980 Mako 21\' 2001 merc 225 \"Sarah\'s shadow\"-R.I.P. 11/10[br]1978 Mako 21\' 2000 Johnson 225[br]

Comment

If you get a chance to get down to Lake Worth FL, come on down to Havana Hideout in downtown. They have some of the best ceviche anywhere; and its done as a salsa w/ chips! Good stuff! Featured on Diners,drive-ins and Dive's.[]
                      Drewsocean, Lake Worth, Fl[br]1980 Mako 21\' 2001 merc 225 \"Sarah\'s shadow\"-R.I.P. 11/10[br]1978 Mako 21\' 2000 Johnson 225[br]

Comment

The avocado and cilantro are the keys to heaven!!

Comment

Love the stuff and that sounds awesome!
                          [br]mudflatmark the anglingarchitect[br]Temple Terrace,Fl[br]

Comment

Love the stuff and that sounds awesome!
                            [br]mudflatmark the anglingarchitect[br]Temple Terrace,Fl[br]

Comment

Back to the top for lobster season

Comment

Working...
                              X