Crossing for a Cure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crossing for a Cure

So I stumbled across this in the Coastal Angler magazine and it struck my interest. It is a benefit for Cystic Fibrosis or "C.F.". I have a friend that has 4 kids and 3 of them have it. It's a really nasty disease that's hard to explain. They cross from Bimini to Lake Worth, FL on stand-up paddle boards. They need volunteer boats to support the paddlers. I think we're going to try to do it this year. It would be really cool to see a CM presence there. They do not require a captain's license, and they offer a 2 night stay in Bimini plus a minimum $100 per paddler that's assigned to your boat as compensation for gas. Seems like a really great cause and might be fun too. Here's the website for the event and the non-profit page that started it: www.crossingforacure.com and www.pipersangels.org

Here's the flyer that I first saw

'90 Tuppens 231 Polk City, FL

That would be a pretty cool thing to do and for a good cause too. Thanks for sharing and hopefully some Mako members will attend.
    1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
    1985 Mako 20c - sold
    Fort Walton Beach, FL
    http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

The foundation sent an email looking for more captains. Here is a link to the promo video they sent. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLqY...ature=youtu.be I would love to have get to meet a few of you guys on this trip. Leave Wed morning 6/12/19 from West Palm Beach, FL and go to Bimini, Bahamas. Get 2 nights paid for in Bimini at the Hilton and leave at 12 am on Sat 6/15/19 headed for Lake Worth, FL. We are leading a group of assigned paddlers and carrying their supplies. There is a guaranteed $100 per paddler assigned to your boat to cover fuel. The average is 3-5 per boat depending of the size of boat. All boats have to be 22' or longer. They prefer twins but it isn't required.
      '90 Tuppens 231 Polk City, FL

Comment

Working...
      X