Anna Maria Fishing 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anna Maria Fishing 2019

Rented a house for two weeks directly on the Gulf in Anna Maria last two weeks in June 2019. I will be able to dock my boat at the house...very excited about this!

Need some help with fishing locations. Would like to bottom fish beach side and offshore, also some back water snook. I know the bay from past years can be REALLY low and back water can be tricky. Getting on the grouper or other bottom feeders has never been my thing. Any help is appreciated.
    1982 Whaler Montauk 90HP( sold)[br]1977 25 Mako CC 225HP

Not to late to move it to the 2nd week in June and come join us in Destin for the Classic Mako family Funament. Great fishing both insure and out plus a wonderful time with other Mako owners.
    [br]1984 Mako 224[br]1977 Mako 15[br]Clermont, Florida- [br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=37212 -Rewire[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40627 -Tank/Misc[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=58615 - Aft Box removal

Comment

exactly what snapper said. my family from PA will be making the trip. Great time
      1984 Mako 238 WA [br]2015 Suzuki 250 APX[br]Central PA/OCMD[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35081[br]

Comment

I have some things I want to fix on my boat before trying to rub elbows with you guys....I am a rookie to all this!

Comment

More unfinished projects and slight problems show up at Destin than you would ever imagine...LOL....

I am working on one now...and it may or may not be "nice" by then...
          [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by rustyolddad

I have some things I want to fix on my boat before trying to rub elbows with you guys....I am a rookie to all this!

We have a history of helping out our brothers! Here's a pic of MichiganDave/Tim helping out PatrickB at the very first funament. Come on down and don't be bashful!!

1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
            1985 Mako 20c - sold
            Fort Walton Beach, FL
            http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Thats a blast from the past...I had brown hair and Tim was just a youngster....those were simpler times....

dave
              [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

In my lifetime simple has become lost!

Comment

I only live an hour and a half from there. I hope to be doing a lot of fishing in the same area around that time. I would be glad to lead you to some grouper and snapper. Red snapper should be open in that timeframe too, if the higher powers don't decide to screw us with a 4 day season, like they have in years past. I launch at Ft Desoto which is on the other side of the bay, but most of my numbers are slightly south for me so you'd be running nearly due west. We can find keeper grouper that time of year at the 25-30 mile range but red snapper require 40 plus.
                  '90 Tuppens 231 Polk City, FL

Comment

I only live an hour and a half from there. I hope to be doing a lot of fishing in the same area around that time. I would be glad to lead you to some grouper and snapper. Red snapper should be open in that timeframe too, if the higher powers don't decide to screw us with a 4 day season, like they have in years past. I launch at Ft Desoto which is on the other side of the bay, but most of my numbers are slightly south for me so you'd be running nearly due west. We can find keeper grouper that time of year at the 25-30 mile range but red snapper require 40 plus.

Comment

send me an email muzzy1127 @ yahoo and ill give you my number. I live in anna maria, I have my 81 25 and a 2011 bayscout im always running around. Are you driving down? or flying? i have some loaner tackle in my garage as well
                      Marc Muzzy[br]S.W. Florida [br]Anna Maria Island[br]\'81 25 \'09 suzuki 250[br]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by muzzy1127

send me an email muzzy1127 @ yahoo and ill give you my number. I live in anna maria, I have my 81 25 and a 2011 bayscout im always running around. Are you driving down? or flying? i have some loaner tackle in my garage as well

Were just south of you in Venice...We were just talking the other day of bringing up the Miata and scooting around the island; Never been there....I have so many awesome spots to visit here on the gulf coast I may never get my list done....

Comment

Venice is a great place. Just south of you is Boca Grande, it is also a really cool place. I've been fishing there all of my life. It's also a neat place to just ride around. If you do visit in the boat make sure you mind the channel markers though. There's a lot of sneaky shallow areas.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by michigan dave

quote:

Were just south of you in Venice...We were just talking the other day of bringing up the Miata and scooting around the island; Never been there....I have so many awesome spots to visit here on the gulf coast I may never get my list done....

you feel free to reach out as well Dave. I'm beginning to hate how the island has changed towards tourism in the past decade. You bet once my kids are out of school, ill selling and moving somewhere else. Better get the miata for a ride before tourist 'season' picks up in 5 weeks. Although, it never really dies down anymore.
                            Marc Muzzy[br]S.W. Florida [br]Anna Maria Island[br]\'81 25 \'09 suzuki 250[br]

Comment

quote:

Muzzy Thank You!

I am driving. I will be there two weeks. I use to bring my 17 whaler and run the skinny water in the bay for snook. This year I am bring my fly rod and hope to catch snook during low tide without the boat.

I have never fished the bay structure and beach side, but I hear its great if you know where to go!

I have a house just north of the city pier by the church. I will certainly be contacting you for some help. Hope to buy you a cold beer and a burger....

Yes the island has changed. Been coming there for ten years and wow what a difference! When you find something like AM to move to let me know....I can't find anything!

Comment

Working...
                              X