No announcement yet.

Tropical Storm Rita

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey garyeng in your case all I could tell you is be safe. We will all pray for you guys.

Comment

check this out guys, I landed at Houston Hobby yesturday at 4:30pm, was in my rental car by 5:00pm, drove (crawled) non stop since than. I just checked into my Hotel here in Austin and finished taking a shower. 15hours to get here!!!!! Now my next challenge will be trying to fly out of here Friday evening as it's making landfall.

Anyone in the path of this thing please do what-ever you need to be safe.
      Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

Comment

I took some back roads to get from SW Houston to Nacogdoches. It turned out to be a good idea, I got there in 6-1/2 hours (Its normally a 3 hour drive) but folks on the major highways are lookin at 15 hour drives! Lester, if you see this, I wish you luck and I hope you got out ok.
        Richmond, TX

Comment

Sheesh. She is for all intents and purposes, a Category 6 at 170+ sustained. [:u]

If the last one didn't screw up the energy supply enough, this one certainly will.
          \'72 Mako 17, Suzuki 140 FOR SALE[br]\'74 Mako 19B Project FOR SALE[br]Seabird 21 Project FOR SALE[br]San Juan 28 sailboat [br]Wake, VA[br][IMG]

Comment

To all on the Gulf coast... Hold Fast. God be with you.

SB
            Tim[br]1981 19 (project)[br]prior 1978 17 angler (sold)[br]

Comment

Well I'm sitting here in corpus and it's 96, not a cloud in the sky, and its blowin' about 8-10. Most of the stores are closed here and the streets are deserted. We have all the stuff we need - boards for the windows, food, water, etc. - but I'm glad we waited till this morning to make a decision to leave since the storm looks like its going well north of here. We were ready to bug out, however, if it hadn't made the turn. We might not even get rain out of this down here and they had a mandatory evacuation order for our county that they changed to voluntary this morning. The weather forecast has changed from wind and rain to no wind and a 20% chance of showers.

Well I sure feel for the folks where it ends up hitting. I grew up in Pensacola and have family and friends there, and some of them are just now getting moved back in from Ivan (not to mention Dennis, and the flooding that parts of P'cola received from Katrina). I've got some property there that I cleaned up after Ivan, and it just got messed up again with Cindy and Dennis. Well I wish all of you you East Texas and Southwest Louisiana folks good luck and protection. If you haven't left yet and the traffic North is bad, head south down here and fish some. The reds are running and I got my limit in about 2 hours last sunday (I should probably try to get the Mako in these pics).

[]
              Corpuscruiser[br]Northern AL[br]\'94 171

Comment

Look's like my throught's are comming true.[]

Gulfport,Bloxi were to Katrina like NO is to Rita.[]

The water is not being held back.

Comment

The weakening of this storm is a good thing, however it is still going to be bad. The surge is unbelievable. I hope since it has passed us we have seen all the water we are going to see b/c on way to office this morning water was already starting to get to porches of neighbors - they have seen and had enough problems. Most just had carpet, furniture, appliances and doors hauled from front yard this week. Good luck and God Bless Gulf Coast!
                  \'93 241 https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...etting-started
                  \'82 224 - Mobile, AL Gone but NEVER Forgotten - https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...indshield-tank

Comment

A computer model had been use to determine what Rita will do to Texas, I hope the computer is wrong but it show a big area of Texas was going to be under water.[]

Comment

I used to live in that area of Texas and it's very low, from Sabine Lake all the way North of Beaumont,, gonna need a boat to get around down there, just glad all my in-laws and good frieds got out.
                      Richard[br]Panama City,FL[br]Currently Looking for a MAKO[br]America needs Obamacare like Nancy Pelosi needs a halloween mask[br]

Comment

Working...
                      X