Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeep Wrangler TJ cb antenna cable where to route?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reel Effort
    replied
    Thanks guys

Leave a comment:

• michigan dave
    replied
    My radio is mounted on top of the dash in that center area that holds sunglasses ect. The ant cable runs down through the dash and over to the passenger door where my ant. in mounted. it is mounted on one of the door hinges. Simple mount. this has worked great for us for 8 years....

dave

Leave a comment:

• Doc Fees
    replied
    Might have better luck here...

https://wranglertjforum.com/

Leave a comment:

• Reel Effort
    started a topic Jeep Wrangler TJ cb antenna cable where to route?

Jeep Wrangler TJ cb antenna cable where to route?

All

I was given a cb radio from my awesome wife for Christmas. My Jeep is a 98 TJ wrangler

Need to install soon and looking for feedback on a few things.

1- How to route the cable from the antenna . Current plan is to mount in on my RockHard tire carrier which comes with the mount 'hole' on the passenger side of the rear bumper. If you suggest mounting it else where, let me know.

2- I currently plan to mount the radio on the installed shelf that is mounted on the top of the windshield frame where the visors are mountedIt is similar to the 'gun shelves' they install on pickup trucks, Right above the drivers head line . The original owner left the wiring for their CB there and seems it is out of the way , etc..

If you have better suggestions for the location for the cb also, I am all ears and open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year

Mitch
Working...
X