• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damage from Irma-Marathon FL

the neighbors roof

Poles down, closest one destroyed a T-top

We think this broke loose from the Sail boat Moorings in Boot Key Harbor

Now has a nice view of the fish and lobster

Neighbors shed is gone except for one wall on the ground All his Stuff was still there....go figure

Clean up begins, the storm surge floated our stairs to the back of the house but our floating dock survived

wet carpet but why is it lumpy

that's why

that's not good

floor was a little soggy and dropped about 3" from the baseboard

Same thing here

that's not good, time to call the professionals

floor coming out

floor is out

sheet rock had to be cut back too

One thing I didn't have to fix Surprised they were working considering they were underwater

Now the rebuild begins Subfloor is already 95% down but finding subs to get anything done down there is proving near impossible due to the widespread damage. Hope to have it back together in time for Spring break

1983 Mako 254/1999 Sport Nautique GT-40/1997 Sea Doo GSi/ 1984 Surf Jet

Sorry for the picture size Still trying to figure out Imgur

Comment

Sorry for the picture size Still trying to figure out Imgur

Comment

That sucks. It always amazing that some boats come out unscathed and others take a beating.
        1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
        1985 Mako 20c - sold
        Fort Walton Beach, FL
        http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

the ones that took the beating were the ones left tied to a mooring ball in the anchor field in Boot Key harbor. I never saw so many boats sunk and in the bushes

Comment

She is afloat

that there is one of those professional type patch jobs

progress being made

Comment

After plumbing rough in and electrical is done, Sheet rock will be repaired and painted, then new ceramic tile all the way thru the house...no more carpet. Also, Planning on some preventive measures

1) going to blow 3-4" of closed cell foam under the house to seal and insulate it.

2) going to put 2" floor drains in every room (going to use a laser level to find the low spots) and connect to a swing valve under the house and then A ball valve we can open/close. That way if it floods again and water gets in the house it will drain back out through the drain.

3) Sheet rock will be cut 2 1/2" off the floor and 4" baseboard will be put in to cover it up

4) all new cabinets and vanities will be on 4 1/2" legs elevated off the floor

5) all furniture will be able to be raised off the floor at least 4" in the event of another storm

I was pushing for using coosa board for the sub floor but it is not an approved FBC material for subfloor so the GC and the permit office would not approve it. Would have been nice to do so though...except for the cost.

Comment

Zman, good luck with your rebuild!

Just curious..has the building department been helpful/streamlined to get reconstruction permits done? I have heard horror stories of red tape and slow turnaround in the past.

I would think they would be trying to help folks get the reconstruction done as quickly and painlessly as possible?

Don
                [br]DonK[br]Boca Raton, FL[br]1979 236IB: \'The Fish Tank\'[br]1979 Backcountry 18 \'Boner\'[br]<>< <>< <>< <>< ><> J[br]Redneck Troubleshooting:[br]1) If it moves, but ain\'t supposed to, use Duct Tape[br]2) If it don\'t move, but supposed to, use WD40[br]3) If that don\'t fix it, it\'s electrical![br]

Comment

no Idea we have a GC handling all of that. That being said, code enforcement drove by several times while we were demoing the floor and never said anything or asked for a permit. Same when the new floor was going in.

Comment

Wow.Heartbreaking
                    1985 Mako 21B w/ 2013 Yamaha F300[br]http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42046 [br]1967 Boston Whaler 13\'[br]1971 Boston Whaler 13\'[br]Richmond Hill,GA[br]

Comment

Been a long time since I have been on the site. Long story short the GC was not able to secure the subs we needed to finish the job so it got left in our hands. My dad and I took over again first of the year and have been working damn near every weekend since to get the house done. Last piece of the puzzle happens tomorrow and the 3" of closed cell foam is getting blown under the house. should seal and insulate it from one end to the other. here is how it turned out

took down the plywood on the porch and got a good idea how high the water got

Tile, paint and all the trim work done

Cabinets and showers done. I ended up doing all the finish plumbing from the sink Installs on the vanity to toilets to Shower, and all valves supply lines etc. Even have the plumbers crack to show for it!!!!

All moved in and ready for spring break. Still have a long punch list of nickel and dime stuff but the big stuff is done

Comment

One day I will figure out the correct picture size on IMGUR

Comment

wow, what an effort...and I am sure it's a relief to be on the 'down wind run'~

Don
                          [br]DonK[br]Boca Raton, FL[br]1979 236IB: \'The Fish Tank\'[br]1979 Backcountry 18 \'Boner\'[br]<>< <>< <>< <>< ><> J[br]Redneck Troubleshooting:[br]1) If it moves, but ain\'t supposed to, use Duct Tape[br]2) If it don\'t move, but supposed to, use WD40[br]3) If that don\'t fix it, it\'s electrical![br]

Comment

Working...
                          X