• Show
Clear All

• Hey Rusty

What's your fish magnet been up to?
    Ole Joe
    Just floundering around
    White Hall & Ocean City, Maryland
    1978 Mako 25

Darn Joe been wondering were you got off to. We just got back from a couple weeks in Bar Harbor Maine. Lots of walking and sight seeing but no fishing. Weather has been terrible here in Ohio..hot and rain! But my fish magnet keeps catching walleye like they are going out of style. Pretty much through a lure in any direction and here come the fish!

Just to prove it he caught the worlds smallest walleye last time out. I think the bait he lost was bigger!

1982 Whaler Montauk 90HP( sold)[br]1977 25 Mako CC 225HP

Comment

Darn Joe been wondering were you got off to. We just got back from a couple weeks in Bar Harbor Maine. Lots of walking and sight seeing but no fishing. Weather has been terrible here in Ohio..hot and rain! But my fish magnet keeps catching walleye like they are going out of style. Pretty much through a lure in any direction and here come the fish!

Just to prove it he caught the worlds smallest walleye last time out. I think the bait he lost was bigger!

Comment

We've been hiding from the heat in Ocean City. Unlike Ohio central MD has not had rain in July until last week. But we have had the heat...even OC has been unusually hot.

Glad to see that "Magnet" has not lost his touch. It Ain't fair though.. Takin advantage of them fishes like that.

I gotta borrow him. Having trouble catching this year. Second year in a row too, confidence in decline.

Good luck on the Reds. Have a ball.
        Ole Joe
        Just floundering around
        1978 Mako 25

Comment

We've been hiding from the heat in Ocean City. Unlike Ohio central MD has not had rain in July until last week. But we have had the heat...even OC has been unusually hot.

Glad to see that "Magnet" has not lost his touch. It Ain't fair though.. Takin advantage of them fishes like that.

I gotta borrow him. Having trouble catching this year. Second year in a row too, confidence in decline.

Good luck on the Reds. Have a ball.
          Ole Joe
          Just floundering around
          1978 Mako 25

Comment

Hey Joe how are you?

Took the magnet fishing this past week for steelhead...trying to teach him to swing flies.....the learning curve has him set back for now! Not sure he knew fishing could be just that...no catching!

Sure he will be back in the groove soon. Hope all is well with you and that beautiful 25 of yours. Mine is at the mechanic receiving a clean bill of health and a new VRO pump update. Hope to have her back soon and start on the trailer.

Comment

Rusty,

Your timing is perfect. I was thinking about the Magnet this morning and you too.

I was going to write a couple weeks ago when that cold snap hit you and the NE, but I didnt. I was going to ask if the Steelhead were moving up the rivers. However, I checked the online reports at that time, and they indicated the Steelhead still were holding in the lake, so I didnt write. Obviously, they have started their run now. You guys keep it up. Youll both be putting up some pics in no time. Good luck!

Family and boat are well, thank you. Sweet Pea is winterized and bundled up for the winter. No projects this winter other then some cosmetics.

Glad to hear that you are still planning to do the trailer brakes. You will be very happy with the upgrade you described. It was the best thing we did to our trailer and our well-being.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and the family. Try to stay warm, sounds like it may be a little more than chilly this year.

BTW, your black drum catches really surprised me. Both here on the Bay and on the Coast, they are fished for using bottom rigs with the bait fished from an anchored boat. That is, a stationary bait. When you and your wife caught them on fly rods, it was the first that I had heard of it. Makes sense though. They got to feed on moving bait naturally, so why not on a deep fly. Good job! Congratulations again.

Thanks for your post. Keep in touch.
              Ole Joe
              Just floundering around
              1978 Mako 25

Comment

Rusty,

With all the work you've been doing on the boat have you and the magnet found time to get out for steelhead? Hope he was able to tangle with one.
                Ole Joe
                Just floundering around
                1978 Mako 25

Comment

Its been a struggle! I have two house I am flipping over, the magnet is getting his hands dirty there. Daughter is graduating High School and attending University of Cincinnati as a chemical engineer. Boat is screaming my name on any free night and the fishing pole is dusty!

Hoping to swing some flies this weekend....I will certainly update you!
                  quote:

Originally posted by flounder

Rusty,

With all the work you've been doing on the boat have you and the magnet found time to get out for steelhead? Hope he was able to tangle with one.

Comment

Good luck to you. Sounds like you need break for sure.
                    Ole Joe
                    Just floundering around
                    1978 Mako 25

Comment

The fish magnet was unable to go with us because of homework, but my cousin did manage to bring this one in....hopefully we will get a few more in the next week or two, then its small mouth season here.

Comment

Pretty fish. I think that is so very special. From the size of the grin, so does your cousin. Next up...the magnet.

Read yesterday that they were being caught. Thanks for the post. Keep it up please.
                        Ole Joe
                        Just floundering around
                        1978 Mako 25

Comment

Working...
                        X