Lake Erie Walleye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Erie Walleye

Took a break from working on the Mako to fun fish with my son. Kid is a fish magnet! Love those Lake Erie walleyes. My son fishes with a ultra light ice fishing spinner rod. So every fish is monster when being reeled in!

1982 Whaler Montauk 90HP( sold)[br]1977 25 Mako CC 225HP

Rusty,

What is it with these kids now-a-days. They don't seem to show their enthusiasm. Geez!

I wanna fish with him. Maybe some "magnet" will rub off.

Read a short story last week written by a guy that traveled to Lake Erie for Walleye..."Walleye Capital of the World". Hired a guide listed as the best. The weather went South, windy all week. No fish. No fish at all. When he was driving out of town he sees some old gents sitting on the breakwater fishing. Stops, goes down to see what they're doing. Goes back up to the car for a rod. Goes back down, borrows some bait, sits down and starts catching panfish with the old gents.

He needed your "Fish Magnet". Yep, I wanna fish with him.

You done good.
    Ole Joe
    Just floundering around
    White Hall & Ocean City, Maryland
    1978 Mako 25

Comment

Erie Eyes are so much fun....and good eating....enjoy
      [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

Always funny Joe we talk about going fishing with Garrett and how badly he will skunk us. I do all of this reading, talking with folks like you and he throws a weapon in the water and sits back. The fish just love him!
        quote:

Originally posted by flounder

Rusty,

What is it with these kids now-a-days. They don't seem to show their enthusiasm. Geez!

I wanna fish with him. Maybe some "magnet" will rub off.

Read a short story last week written by a guy that traveled to Lake Erie for Walleye..."Walleye Capital of the World". Hired a guide listed as the best. The weather went South, windy all week. No fish. No fish at all. When he was driving out of town he sees some old gents sitting on the breakwater fishing. Stops, goes down to see what they're doing. Goes back up to the car for a rod. Goes back down, borrows some bait, sits down and starts catching panfish with the old gents.

He needed your "Fish Magnet". Yep, I wanna fish with him.

You done good.

Comment

You lake weirdos.

I might bring the buggy whip next year for my kid's wedding (Erie, PA)
          1975 Mako 26 Inboard[br]1976 Mako 23 Inboard[br]1984 Rhodes 19[br]Padanaram, MA

Comment

Yes Dave we love a lazy drift in Erie to fill a cooler full of walleye. You are correct they make great fish tacos!
            quote:

Originally posted by michigan dave

Erie Eyes are so much fun....and good eating....enjoy

Comment

It's interesting how some kids "have it". Two young men were both 10 to 12 year old kids when they started fishing with me. They are both in their early thirties now. Both loved fishing and took up kayak fishing on the Chesapeake. Two years ago I asked them to join me and my neighbor on a flounder trip in the Bay behind OC. They took my neighbor and I to school. Really. Both were jigging and one or both caught on every drift. No kidding, every drift. The other boats could not take their eyes off them. It was almost embarassing.

I think it is intereting that you can put some people on the fish and they won't/can't hook em up. I believe it is the interest/concentration that some have and some don't. My wife is like that. When her line goes in the water, she is all business.

"Magnets"
              Ole Joe
              Just floundering around
              White Hall & Ocean City, Maryland
              1978 Mako 25

Comment

That smile is priceless! Great job.
                1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
                1985 Mako 20c - sold
                Fort Walton Beach, FL
                http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Awesome pictures! My buddy caught 55 in two days. Im heading up this weekend to fish with him. Good eats
                  1984 Mako 238 WA [br]2015 Suzuki 250 APX[br]Central PA/OCMD[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35081[br]

Comment

You can't not catch a fish in Erie right now....They almost jump in the boat!
                    quote:

Originally posted by brando

Awesome pictures! My buddy caught 55 in two days. Im heading up this weekend to fish with him. Good eats

Comment

Working...
                    X