Retro photos and stories from all.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retro photos and stories from all.

If you have stories please share them here. Here is one of mine.

I found some old pictures today of a past fishing trip of when I was a boy. I was 12 or 13 in these pictures, my dad, mom and papa were always good about making us kids do it unless the fish were dragging us over the side. Dad tells the story like this

"He was fishing on the rail, I was pulling in one that was barely a keeper when he "me" hung one. I asked if he was good and he said I got it daddy it's not that big. About then I heard him scream and I looked over and his feet were about 6" off the deck. I reached over with me free hand, since I was still pulling up mine, and grabbed the rod and lifted it. It snatched me back down to the rail. I then handed mine off to him and took his over. Turns out he was bringing a 15" grouper up and 20 feet off the bottom a 32" grouper slammed it. He got mine in the boat and I let him take over on the reel. It took 10 minutes but he managed to get it to the boat with me helping him on the rod."

This was in the mid 90's and I'll never forget the trip mom got the biggest one and papa almost got pulled out of the boat when a nice one hit as he was bent over the side rescuing an overboard soda can. I am now 37 and have my mako and I take my daughter to make these memories as much as I can.

'90 Tuppens 231 Polk City, FL

Wpeavy....what a great family fishing story!

The images tell the tale....awesome to hear that you are carrying on the tradition with your daughter now!

I'll have to dig through my family fishing image archives and post up a story as well.

Tight Lines...

Eric
    A wise man once said, "Son... if it has tits, tires or a transom... sooner or later it's gonna give you problems." -the old man

1972 Classic Mako 19

Comment

Originally posted by PoleLock View Post
      Wpeavy....what a great family fishing story!

The images tell the tale....awesome to hear that you are carrying on the tradition with your daughter now!

I'll have to dig through my family fishing image archives and post up a story as well.

Tight Lines...

Eric
      Thanks Eric, I'd love to see some more stories and pictures from everyone. This isn't an old one but today I got the opportunity to take a family with some autistic kids on their first offshore fishing trip. Let me just tell you that the smiles said it all. This little girl is 8 and this was her first fish ever. Her 2 sisters, mom and dad got in on the action too. It got a little rough so we called it early but it wasn't bad for a 2 hour fishing trip. And they made me clean them and cook them before they went home.

'90 Tuppens 231 Polk City, FL

Comment

Working...
      X