X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Originally posted by wobbet60

From my brothers shop aboard the USS Kearsarge

Something else must be the culprit. That's his middle finger and I am not aware of anyone who wears their ring on their middle finger.

Regardless, this thread is very important
    Restored 1984 Mako 224[br]Porta Bracket[br]2015 250 Evinrude E-tec[br]Ellenton, FL[br]Deck Project: www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19090[br]Paint Project: www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21493[br]Interior Restore Project: www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30648[br]New Transom and Repower Project: www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=41093[br]Starboard Tackle Center Project: www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=46296

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by wobbet60

From my brothers shop aboard the USS Kearsarge

Something else must be the culprit. That's his middle finger and I am not aware of anyone who wears their ring on their middle finger.

Regardless, this thread is very important
      Restored 1984 Mako 224[br]Porta Bracket[br]2015 250 Evinrude E-tec[br]Ellenton, FL[br]Deck Project: www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19090[br]Paint Project: www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21493[br]Interior Restore Project: www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30648[br]New Transom and Repower Project: www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=41093[br]Starboard Tackle Center Project: www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=46296

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Patrick1973

Yes sir, You are correct indeed. i was having on of those strange know it all & nothing on-line moments. Since the last post my ring got stuck on my Goats Horn..... HAHAHA I was running with him with his horn firmly between ring & finger Yea I need to dull those horns a bit.

I thought of this thread and said MAN I gotta say I was wrong about rings.!

I envy your knowledge of electrical work... The closest I've gotten was running BX in Manhattan and standing in damp city basements next to the main hooking up 6 story buildings with a few pals off the books... Yea I was young & needed the work.

sign off on the work bob ? glad I'm not in that line of work anymore.

I was just waiting to get ZAPPED. I hated wiring especially in the dungunous basements.

I was usually the guy ready with a 2x4 down there. I really hated even looking at those old main lines untrained....

never wear a ring around your goat, or sheep and never mess with a pig b/c they'll squeel on you []
        84 mako 254 \"Child Seaport\" Polk City Fl

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Patrick1973

Yes sir, You are correct indeed. i was having on of those strange know it all & nothing on-line moments. Since the last post my ring got stuck on my Goats Horn..... HAHAHA I was running with him with his horn firmly between ring & finger Yea I need to dull those horns a bit.

I thought of this thread and said MAN I gotta say I was wrong about rings.!

I envy your knowledge of electrical work... The closest I've gotten was running BX in Manhattan and standing in damp city basements next to the main hooking up 6 story buildings with a few pals off the books... Yea I was young & needed the work.

sign off on the work bob ? glad I'm not in that line of work anymore.

I was just waiting to get ZAPPED. I hated wiring especially in the dungunous basements.

I was usually the guy ready with a 2x4 down there. I really hated even looking at those old main lines untrained....

never wear a ring around your goat, or sheep and never mess with a pig b/c they'll squeel on you []
          84 mako 254 \"Child Seaport\" Polk City Fl

Comment

I can tell you from 1st hand experience that rings are a no-no around machinery. I was a member of the US Army Reserves for 22 years as a CH-47 Helicopter Flight Engineer and then I worked on Army Tug Boats for 17 years. When I was on the Helicopters one day I was climbing off of it and they had these spring doors for hand holds. I was on the last hand hold which put me at a tippy toe height and when I went to release the hand hold the door shut on my hand grabbing my wedding ring which I normally didn't wear but had on that day. It bent my ring and cut my finger but not seriously as I was at the tippy toe height. There is not a doubt in my mind that it would have peeled my finger had I been higher and not been able to touch ground with my feet. I was very lucky that day. Another thing which shouldn't be worn around electrical or batteries are watches unless you have a leather or strap type watch band. Circular burns can cause you to loose extremities.
            Clyde[br]1978 Mako 23 IB[br]\"Shark Bait\" ***SOLD***[br]Kent Island, Md. [br]gone but not forgotten[br]Current Boat-1985 26Foot Shamrock Cuddy Cabin [br]Yanmar 4LHA-STE 230 HP Diesel Engine[br]

Comment

Coast Guard tells no rings or watches while underway. We had an member have his skin peeled off when his wedding ring got caught on a line, almost lost his finger in the process. While underway I remove all jewelry, no rings, chain or watches.
              97 Mako 171/ 2012 Etec 115 [br]Vero Beach, Fl.[br]1969 19 Mako Perdue[br]1969 13 Boston Whaler

Comment

You can doubt the sticking to the ring thing all you want ..... But I have had it happen to me before. I owned a welding, machine shop, prop shop for 12 years and I was walking through the shop one day and one of my guys looked like he could use a hand. So, I told him to hold the piece and I would tack it for him. I did not put on gloves and I paid for it. A BB from the weld area popped out and onto my wedding band.

I can tell you that gold transfers heat with a Quickness ! That ring got very hot in a hurry. I knew not to try to remove it while it was hot so I ran to a sink close by in my shop and cooled it down before removing it. I now have a scar around my finger from it.

That was the last time I wore my ring in the shop. It was just a thing where I didn't think about it as I was just jumping in to help him out right quick.

Live and learn I guess.
                The Salty-Dawg all cleaned up and ready for the next trip ![br]1982 Mako 20B[br]1998 Yamaha 150 [br]

Comment

Years ago I met a guy at a wedding who was recovering from losing his ring finger by jumping up to dunk a basketball. Ring caught on rim or net and ripped his finger right off.

Comment

Working...
                  X