This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Charts

Some of you I'm sure are aware of this site but I just found it today and was pleasantly surprised. It's called free boating charts which consists of digital versions of the NOAA charts.Just download their charting software , sign-up pick out the charts you want download and your in business.The software has many useful functions.

www.freeboatingcharts.com

Marc
    Standish [br]Maine[br]75 17\' Mako 90hp Tohatsu[br]76 25\' Mako 250 hp Suzuki facelift about to start

Thats a new one on me, thanks for the heads up. Is this place great or what. dave
    [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

you can also download them from NOAA.GOV
      chip[br]1971 mako 19\' / 2013 Pathfinder 22TE[br]Panama City,FL[br]

Comment

I have a problem downloading them through MSN.

Anyone else experience that and have a solution?

Comment

awesome!!! I've been playing for hours
          Looking for the next mako[br]76\' 22B project[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7232&whichpage=1&SearchTerms=76

Comment

If you want to get really fancy, load the charts on a laptop then connect the laptop to your GPS on the boat. I know a fellow that does that but it seems he spends more time on the laptop than fishing [88]
            Leland NC[br]Holden Beach NC

Comment

If you want to get really fancy, load the charts on a laptop then connect the laptop to your GPS on the boat. I know a fellow that does that but it seems he spends more time on the laptop than fishing [88]
              Leland NC[br]Holden Beach NC

Comment

I had no problem downloading the charts, but I guess I don't have the software to view them? Is there a free software that goes with it or do you have to buy the software to use these charts?

Thanks,

TS
                TS Penn[br]Whitehouse Station[br]New Jersey[br]1972 22\'Mako[br]

Comment

TS

Scroll down to the bottom of the page the free chart viewer is there. You have to go past the point where it says get started here.

Marc
                  Standish [br]Maine[br]75 17\' Mako 90hp Tohatsu[br]76 25\' Mako 250 hp Suzuki facelift about to start

Comment

If you guys haven't seen this site, http://demo.geogarage.com/noaa/ , its worth checking out.

Whoever created it, overlaid NOAA charts on google maps. As you zoom in the chart changes to the more local of that area. And you can use the sliding bars on the top right to adjust the 'blend'. Enjoy!
                    1980 Mako 17 Angler 90hp Merc (In pieces)[br]2008 Seahunt 240 F250[br]Port Chester, NY[br]www.fly-mag.com[br][br]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by eb1326

If you guys haven't seen this site, http://demo.geogarage.com/noaa/ , its worth checking out.

Whoever created it, overlaid NOAA charts on google maps. As you zoom in the chart changes to the more local of that area. And you can use the sliding bars on the top right to adjust the 'blend'. Enjoy!

That is cool......
                      \'79 20 175 \'rude[br]Sacramento, CA (Deep behind enemy lines!!)[br]...something fishy this way comes...[br]http://www.westernsteelcouncil.org[br]http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13979

Comment

Thanks for that! Very cool
                        [/URL]

Comment

Though the domain name still works, theeir site no longer has any content. Tried it in 2 different browsers and all I get is a generic landing page.
                          1999 Regulator 26 \"Bamboleo\" - Mobile & Orange Beach, Alabama[br]Previous: \'80 Allmand 31 sloop \"Last Mango\" - \'90 Cobia 18 \"Fast Mango\" - \'84 Endeavour 38 sloop \"Pandelirium\" - \'85 Mako 236 \"Callaloo\" [br]

Comment

Working...
                          X