Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the-real.com/mako Picture Post Site

Picture Posting Instructions!id="size4">id="Arial Black">id="red">

This will allow Classic Mako pictures to be posted to a central site where you can then link the pictures easily and swiftly to ClassicMako.com

To begin, goto:

http://www.the-real.com/mako

You do not need to login or register.

Click on the category of your choice.

In the upper right there is an upload button.

Click it.

A form will come up. Browse to your picture.

02/16/06 I added code to the site to resize all pictures to 1024 pixels or less. This will be more than ample for forum pictures. Thank you.id="red">

At this time you will need to name your image in the "Image Name:" field or else it will not upload.

Make sure not to use symbols in the image name.

Click Submit. A confirmation page will appear showing your picture and the details of it. A thumbnail is automatically created at this point.

In the top left below the logo you will see the directory structure. Click on "Mako Pictures" and you will see all the posts so far.

Click on your picture. Below it you will see a button saying post it.

Copy and paste the first box of code Large version in Classic Mako Format into your message on classicmako and voila!
    L_Bones[br]Nassau, Bahamas[br]\'82 Mako 21 - \'98 200HP Merc[br]

ok.

sort of a glimpse into the future...maybe...

Can someone test this out for me? Note that the template is just generic. It is easily editable.

if you go to:

http://www.the-real.com/mako

you will see a pic of my boat i have posted here before. It should be on the first page or goto "Mako Pictures" category. If you click on it, down below you will see some buttons. Click "post it" and a new window will open up and show you some code. Copy and paste the code into the forum!

Success!

Now to upload pictures is pretty easy too. If you are in the "Mako Pictures" category just click the upload button in the top right. Fill out the form! I can add autoresize but it's not installed now so don't upload big pics. Also autothumbnailer isn't setup but clicking the name of the pic will work. If I see any posted then I will run the thumbnailer.

No need to login I don't think.

Any response?

Comment

[88][88] I tried to upload a pix and I don't know where it went.[?][:-(]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by warthog5

[88][88] I tried to upload a pix and I don't know where it went.[?][:-(]

hmm....i see you are a user, not neccessary but shouldn't effect it.

when you browse and add the file, you need to put in "image name" 5th field down. another thing i can change to just upload pics directly. if it works you should see a confirmation page showing the picture.

also make sure not to make it too big right now as it's not resizing. max 2048x2048 with 20 megs file, but will probably time out at that.

try again with the "image name" warthog!

Comment

also, apparantly picture names can't have an ' in it because it messes with the javascript. probably fixable but for now i wouldn't use symbols in the name.

I also fixed it to autothumbnail and to autopost.

MakoShako's boat is up! Now can he post the pic to this forum!?!

Comment

I uploaded a picture as a test and couldn't see it until I hit the "Images per page" "Go" button. It then gave me the "eye" Icon where my picture should be. I clicked on the eye and got my picture. When I went back everyting was just fine. Hmmm. Great idea!

Sorry for the big pic!
            72\' Mako 22\'[br]NoNeck, VA

Comment

sorry Shako - was my fault. i had to "validate image" and create a thumbnail. Now i have set both to automatic...should work better now.

good to see, if we can get some others i will start working on a better template design.

we could do picture posting by boat size or model, all kinds of possibilities. i can also do a multiupload form where 5 pictures can be uploaded at once to save time.

Comment

Thats very cool. And mighty nice of you as well. I just never could get Cyclops motivated to get the image gallery working. I will still try get it working so we have a back-up plan.

Thanks for your effort.
                Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

It worked for me and I am not all that good on computers. Thanks I_bones. Id have to say your name stood for "internet doctor"[]

dave
                  [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by michigan dave

It worked for me and I am not all that good on computors. Thanks I_bones. Id have to say your name stood for "internet doctor"[]

dave

No problem. I see you registered, that is good for sorting your images and what not.

I have done these 4image directories a couple of times now, so it's pretty easy for me.

I guess I am now I_Bones instead of L_Bones...that's cool...

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by l_bones

quote:

Originally posted by michigan dave

It worked for me and I am not all that good on computors. Thanks I_bones. Id have to say your name stood for "internet doctor"[]

dave

No problem. I see you registered, that is good for sorting your images and what not.

I have done these 4image directories a couple of times now, so it's pretty easy for me.

I guess I am now I_Bones instead of L_Bones...that's cool...

Is your nick name Lee bones cause your skinny? and miss the gym to play on the computer.[(#)] j/k

sounds like a you might belong if....

great idea!
                      Ocean Springs, Ms[br]\'76 25\'[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=45623[br]

Comment

quote:

Is your nick name Lee bones cause your skinny?

actually not a nickname, just a handle...it's my yahoo email, the first one i ever had other than school...i tried everything with lee and couldn't find anything, and some j/a sitting next to me used to always call me Bones as in Startrek and said try that and it worked and so i said whatever and used it. that was almost 10 years ago!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by l_bones

quote:

Is your nick name Lee bones cause your skinny?

actually not a nickname, just a handle...it's my yahoo email, the first one i ever had other than school...i tried everything with lee and couldn't find anything, and some j/a sitting next to me used to always call me Bones as in Startrek and said try that and it worked and so i said whatever and used it. that was almost 10 years ago!

Sounds like the way I came to be Cyclops.

On another note. I'm working on upgrades to our system and just haven't had time (or energy) to concentrate on the forum pic gallery (see Ringleader's post). I'll see what I can do when the current project (in Thibodaux) is finished next week.

-Pat.
                          18ft MonArk tri-hull: 140HP Mercruiser Alpha One - still in pieces...to be continued[br](I know it\'s not a Mako, but hey, its mine!)[br] Time\'s fun when you\'re having flies![br]president/hostmaster:[br]P.Ring Technologies[br]Cornerstone IT, LLC[br]LOUISIANA WEB HOST, LLC.[br]CompTIA Certified Professional A+/Network+ // Microsoft Registered Partner

Comment

well if no one wants me to setup further, i won't. it is there if needed, and if a bunch of pics start posting i'll do so more work on it!

Comment

Cool, Thanks!
                              Nick Dodge[br]Maysville, GA[br]1990 Mako 261 Broken Arrow[br][br]Project Thread- http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=56182&whichpage=1

Comment

Working...
                              X