Classic Mako Mapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Mako Mapping

Don't forget to goto http://www.frappr.com/classicmako and add yourself.

Frappr sands for "Friends Mapper" and was set up by some college students out in Cali. They are using Google Maps. So you can zoom, pan, change to satellite view, ... pretty cool! Just add your name (Classic Mako name) and your zip code and it plots your position on the map. You can also add a comment and picture. If you need something changed just click Contact Admin in the upper right and it will send me an e-mail with your request. Have fun. There are 20 members on the map now. Have fun!
    72\' Mako 22\'[br]NoNeck, VA

thats neat
    makoless[br]Wilmington,NC [email protected][br]

Comment

Very cool. The zip code I put in doesn't correspond to where I live on the zoomed in map (however it is actually my zipcode.. wierd). Is there anyway to change my info?
      Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

Ring:

I looked at fthe FAQs page, and currently to only way to edit is to delete everything and start over. The guys who started the thing say that they are working on a better way. BTW, how about a sticky for this site and a note for Newbies to add their info.
        Bungo Pete[br]Portland Maine[br]1970 Mako 22, 200 HP Mariner

Comment

Eddie,

I have the same problem. It put the pointer southwest of my neighborhood. But its within walking distance.
          Larry Smith[br]Pasadena, Tx[br]\'97 Mako 191

Comment

My pointer is clear across town from me. But they went and included the new development in the zip code from across town and not the zip thats 500 yards to the west. Typical gov't inefficiency.

Comment

Currently, as the Admin, I can only remove members, comments, and/or photos. And yep, to change a location or name , it appears that you have to remove (delete) and start over.

I am guessing that as you enter the zip code Google Maps is picking a location (e.g. center) in the zip code area. I did a quick look and could not find a free zip code map, so I am not even sure if they are centering it. Hopefully they will upgrade something soon.

Comment

Pretty cool!
                Troy[br]Pensacola, FL[br]1977 21\' Mako Deep V[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20954

Comment

MakoShako, are you our Frapper admin??? If so, I need you to delete me (ringleader) so I can try to re-situate myself in the correct location on the map. I didn't create an account. So I am powerless to do anything.

Comment

Eddie,

Let me know how this works out. I may try to correct my pointer.

Comment

It put me at the Jacksons Gap post office about 8 miles away.
                      [br]***[br]\'82 Ski Nautique - Lake Martin, AL[br]\'80 236IB - Lake Martin, AL[br]\'03 Pursuit 2670 - Destin, FL

Comment

Ring, yes I am the admin right now. As mentioned before, I will gladly turn over the reines. I did create an account for myself and was able to pinpoint my location. I too was off about ~10 miles.

When I created an account, it gave me a MakoShako's Frappr that gives you options for MyGroups, MyPhotos ... and MyProfile. When you click on MyProfile, you are give the option to Update Location. All you have to do is click on the map and it will move your location. You can zoom in and really fine tune it. Hope that helps.

Oh yeah and I did just delete you.

Comment

very cool. i changed to pointer so it is right on my house, although I think I may move it in the spring when the boat is at the slip which is about 6 miles away.
                          2006 Northcoast 19[br]East Greenwich, RI

Comment

OK Zac, spill the beans how did you do it?

Comment

I got it taken care of. Once you place your pointer via zip code, you need to go ahead and register your Username and email address and get a password.

Then you can look to near the top left of the page and it will say "Your Username's" Frapper (beneath the Frapper Beta logo). Click on that.

Below the map that shows only your location you will see My Profile. In there you will see Edit My Basic Profile... Click there.

Now you'll see a little map with just your pointer. You can move the pointer to your exact location by clicking on that location. You're done. Now click the bar Save Marker Position on your way out.

Comment

Working...
                              X