Buying? 1990 Mako 241

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying? 1990 Mako 241

Hello folks and thanks in advance for your help. I'm in the process of possible purchasing a 1990 Mako 241. I have a couple of questions I hope you can help me with. The boat has a 2011 300 HP Yamaha 4 stroke. Is this motor too heavy for the open transom design on that model? I want to be sure it is not going to sit too low in the water.

It has been surveyed and rated dry and in good shape. Are the gas tanks something to worry about in this model.

Thank you for any help you can offer!

Welcome, That single engine should be fine as it should weigh less than what twin 2-strokes used to weigh in 1990. When you go with twins of the newer heavier 4 strokes that the weight gets to be a problem, but can be somewhat fixed. If the fuel tank hasn't already been replaced consider doing it cause it would be way past its expected life and better to do on your timetable than to have a problem on the water and loose a good part of a season of boat use. Hope you get it cause that's a good hull.
    [br]Mako 241[br]Winter Garden, FL

Comment

Welcome to CM. ChuckB is in the process of hanging a 300 on his 241 with a bracket right now. I am sure he has gotten responses from other owners about how it worked out before he pulled the trigger.

http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...24&whichpage=1
      quote:

Originally posted by bdsandman

Hello folks and thanks in advance for your help. I'm in the process of possible purchasing a 1990 Mako 241. I have a couple of questions I hope you can help me with. The boat has a 2011 300 HP Yamaha 4 stroke. Is this motor too heavy for the open transom design on that model? I want to be sure it is not going to sit too low in the water.

It has been surveyed and rated dry and in good shape. Are the gas tanks something to worry about in this model.

Thank you for any help you can offer!

1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
      1985 Mako 20c - sold
      Fort Walton Beach, FL
      http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Thank you for your replies and the welcome! I'll be looking at the boat on Saturday and hopefully needing this forum a lot more![]

Comment

Working...
        X