No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All:

New owner of a 1971 Mako 17. I have no real boat experience but am looking forward to this! Bought the boat last year and it's getting wet this year. I've been scrapping the bottom and will paint the bottom and the topsides but the plan is to hit the water this year, make her pretty next year. I have a line on a Johnson 70 VRO and a good friend with boat experience for help. I'll need new electrical all the way around and am planning on two batteries. I can't pm anyone yet here so I'm hoping Keyman will see this and offer his wiring diagram? Hopefully you can see the attached pics.

welcome aboard, you will find this board to be a really awesome collection of guys who are full of good info and willing to help each other in ways you won't believe.

Comment

Welcome to the madness. I can help you with your project. We started with a Mako 17 and I have complete documentation including Excel spreadsheet of electrical components, panel layout, and wiring diagrams. Provide a list of all devices you may want including future devices. Suggestions might include dual batteries, bilge pumps, nav lights, couresty lights, electronics, VHF, stereo and GPS/depth finder and maybe trim tabs. Let me know at DMK one one six at comcast dot net.
      Keyman[br]Paoli, PA

Comment

Welcome to CM! Ask any and all questions. PM does not work, nor does the search function but you can use google to search classicmako.com.

To post pics you need to upload them to an image hosting server like IMGUR and then paste the IMG code into your post.

Also, put your hometown in your signature so that people know where you are from and a lot of times people nearby are willing to help out if needed.
        quote:

Originally posted by Bmaco

Hi All:

New owner of a 1971 Mako 17. I have no real boat experience but am looking forward to this! Bought the boat last year and it's getting wet this year. I've been scrapping the bottom and will paint the bottom and the topsides but the plan is to hit the water this year, make her pretty next year. I have a line on a Johnson 70 VRO and a good friend with boat experience for help. I'll need new electrical all the way around and am planning on two batteries. I can't pm anyone yet here so I'm hoping Keyman will see this and offer his wiring diagram? Hopefully you can see the attached pics.

1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
        1985 Mako 20c - sold
        Fort Walton Beach, FL
        http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Thanks Footy, Keyman and Sailor! I got the boat last year, $300 for boat, non running Honda 30, and junk trailer. Transom is really strong though. She needs everything and Keyman I like all your ideas. Was thinking of the Bennett Electric trim tabs over hydraulic but am open to ideas.

Comment

Working...
          X