What an ugly boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What an ugly boat

Hi, and thank you for letting me join. I have just bought a 1972 mako 22 and wow its ugly, but hey it was cheap. It has sat under trees for the last several years. I have plans to restore/modify it to my liking. Going to start with removing the floor and all the foam and see what I have. from there who knows. Thinking of adding a bait well and jump seats in the rear, maybe an armstrong bracket. I have been reading a lot on this forum and learning a lot. I know I will have question. just hope there not to stupid. going to see if I can add a picture.

Welcome to CM! I don't think I've ever seen someone buy a boat and start off by saying it was ugly!
    quote:

Originally posted by donniegaines

Hi, and thank you for letting me join. I have just bought a 1972 mako 22 and wow its ugly, but hey it was cheap. It has sat under trees for the last several years. I have plans to restore/modify it to my liking. Going to start with removing the floor and all the foam and see what I have. from there who knows. Thinking of adding a bait well and jump seats in the rear, maybe an armstrong bracket. I have been reading a lot on this forum and learning a lot. I know I will have question. just hope there not to stupid. going to see if I can add a picture.

1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
    1985 Mako 20c - sold
    Fort Walton Beach, FL
    http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Especially given that there are alot more ugly looking boats of that vintage than a mako 22!

Bleach and a powerwasher will do wonders. Follow up with some compound and elbow grease and you'll be surprised at how well these 40+ year old makos clean up.

Good luck!

Comment

Maybe not ugly but way dirty. Never have understood why someone just leave there boat setting under trees, at least buy a tarp. If it ever stops raining I will get it pressure washed.

Comment

Maybe not ugly but way dirty. Never have understood why someone just leave there boat setting under trees, at least buy a tarp. If it ever stops raining I will get it pressure washed.

Comment

Working...
          X