Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member- 1986 Mako 238

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Member- 1986 Mako 238



    Long time lurker- finally found one of these local that was worth investing in! Here is the next project!

    I'll keep the forum updated with progress this winter. She needs some TLC. In the process of removing original fuel tank. She will be getting re-powered and fitted for a new hard top.( Among a million other small repairs/upgrades)

    PS. (forgive my naivety here but when I look for model numbers on the Mako Marine website..it says that the 238 was not made in 1986? ( has 1985 listed as the last year for this model?) My HIN has a manufacture date of 6/86?)
    1986 Mako 238[br]Island Heights-New Jersey

  • #2
    Welcome to CM! The online specs are not always very accurate.
    1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
    1985 Mako 20c - sold
    Fort Walton Beach, FL
    http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

    Comment


    • #3
      Brother from another mother! Lol glad to see another 238 on here. We love ours as it fits variois family interest. I trailer to NJ to fish several times a year! Good luck with the project
      1984 Mako 238 WA [br]2015 Suzuki 250 APX[br]Central PA/OCMD[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35081[br]

      Comment


      • #4
        quote:


        Originally posted by brando


        Brother from another mother! Lol glad to see another 238 on here. We love ours as it fits variois family interest. I trailer to NJ to fish several times a year! Good luck with the project



        Yewwwww! Thanks Brandon. I've invested several hours of my life following your project! ( DARE I SAY....IT INSPIRED ME?)

        Sailor- Thank you!
        1986 Mako 238[br]Island Heights-New Jersey

        Comment


        • #5
          Welcome to the forum!

          Comment


          • #6
            quote:


            Originally posted by IcyAtlantic




            Long time lurker- finally found one of these local that was worth investing in! Here is the next project!

            I'll keep the forum updated with progress this winter. She needs some TLC. In the process of removing original fuel tank. She will be getting re-powered and fitted for a new hard top.( Among a million other small repairs/upgrades)

            PS. (forgive my naivety here but when I look for model numbers on the Mako Marine website..it says that the 238 was not made in 1986? ( has 1985 listed as the last year for this model?) My HIN has a manufacture date of 6/86?)


            238 is a classic! I have the 228. Endless possibilities on how far you can take that hull. Once complete, you will have a boat that is no longer made anymore. - Eagle Rising
            Eagle Rising[br]1985 228 Mako[br]2014 225HP Mercury Optimax[br]2014 Float-On Trailer

            Comment


            • #7
              quote:


              Originally posted by IcyAtlantic


              quote:


              Originally posted by brando


              Brother from another mother! Lol glad to see another 238 on here. We love ours as it fits variois family interest. I trailer to NJ to fish several times a year! Good luck with the project



              Yewwwww! Thanks Brandon. I've invested several hours of my life following your project! ( DARE I SAY....IT INSPIRED ME?)

              Sailor- Thank you!



              I joined CM around 2010 but lurked for years before. There were lots of pages but I read /skimmed through every one. I spent months reading to the point my wife was getting mad at the time I spent on CM. If you have any questions reach out and Ill help
              1984 Mako 238 WA [br]2015 Suzuki 250 APX[br]Central PA/OCMD[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35081[br]

              Comment

              Working...
              X