• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cajunangler82
    replied
    quote:

Originally posted by Sailor

Welcome to the family!

Here is a post about searching CM. There is tons of information here and tons of people happy to help answer any questions. Looking forward to watching your project.

http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=52507

Awesome! Thanks Sailor!

Leave a comment:

• Sailor
    replied
    Welcome to the family!

Here is a post about searching CM. There is tons of information here and tons of people happy to help answer any questions. Looking forward to watching your project.

http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=52507

Leave a comment:

• cajunangler82
    replied
    quote:

Originally posted by DukeS

Hi James,

Welcome to the forum, lots of 17 experience on here from cosmetics to full restorations.

Looks like someone did some work to yours. Figure out what you want to do and ask questions here

Thanks DukeS! I'm excited to say the least. I'm not sure exactly what kind of work the previous owner has done, but once I get it home I'll be able to access it. So glad I found this site... just looking at the restoration pics of other members has gotten me even more juiced to take on this project. One thing my uncle did tell me is that the hull of the boat is solid. He also said that the motor is in pieces and is not fixable, so I'll have to get another motor. I did a little research on these older 17's and I believe 135 is the recommended max. I'm not trying to brake any speed records, but I do want some power. I'm thinking about something in the 90-115 range. I've be seeing some cheap used motors for sale but not too experienced at knowing what to avoid (mechanical issue and such) when it comes to getting a good deal on a used motor. At any rate, I'm gonna be restoring this for a while so I got time and don't need to rush into any bad motor deals.
    Thanks for the welcome!

Leave a comment:

• DukeS
    replied
    Hi James,

Welcome to the forum, lots of 17 experience on here from cosmetics to full restorations.

Looks like someone did some work to yours. Figure out what you want to do and ask questions here

Leave a comment:

• cajunangler82
    started a topic New to the Mako family!

New to the Mako family!

Hello everyone, Im James. I have boating experience but never had one of my own, except canoes, small pond boats, etc I'm just now becoming a first-time legit boat owner. I love being on the water and I LOVE to fish. I'm going to pick up my first boat either this weekend or next from my uncle. I don't know too much about the boat yet, except that it's an old Mako and it's 17'. I want to restore it. I don't have any experience restoring boats so I'm joining this site to hopefully make some friends and get some pointers on this journey! So proud that my first boat is going to be a Mako!!!

I've never used imgur before, so I'm gonna try to upload a pic of what I'm working with.

Working...
X