Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member- 1989 17' CC

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Member- 1989 17' CC

    Just bought and became a proud owner of a 1989 17' center console powered by a Yamaha 115 2stroke. Based out of Savannah and looking forward to making this boat my own. I have already looked at some posts on here and have learned a lot across the board. I will be looking forward to getting some helpful hints and tips to getting my boat to where I want it. Happy to be a Mako owner!

  • #2
    Welcome
    ..........
    \'07 Mako 19 bay, sold[br]\'76 Mako 21, sold[br]\'77 Mako 21, dump[br]\'77 Mako 22, sold[br]\'80 Mako 23 WA, sold[br]\'82 Mako 21, sold[br]\'85 Mako 254 currently[br]\'78 J24 USA 292 (sold)[br]\'05 Melges 32 racing sailboat

    Comment


    • #3
      Have fun with the new boat. Use it for awhile and see what you really want to do. IMO electrical and fuel systems should be updated first for safety reasons
      1984 Mako 238 WA [br]2015 Suzuki 250 APX[br]Central PA/OCMD[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35081[br]

      Comment


      • #4
        Welcome to the club Captain!
        quote:


        Originally posted by Nwtribe8


        Just bought and became a proud owner of a 1989 17' center console powered by a Yamaha 115 2stroke. Based out of Savannah and looking forward to making this boat my own. I have already looked at some posts on here and have learned a lot across the board. I will be looking forward to getting some helpful hints and tips to getting my boat to where I want it. Happy to be a Mako owner!



        1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
        1985 Mako 20c - sold
        Fort Walton Beach, FL
        http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

        Comment


        • #5
          Congratulations on your 171.

          Is it a Standard or Angler?
          1988 Mako 17 Angler 2019 Suzuki DF140[br]1972 Mako 17 Standard 115 Yamaha-Sold[br]

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks folks! She is a standard. I just got the motor running and idling as it hasn't been touched in about three years. I'm trying to get the motor running normally and where I am comfortable. I am wanting to tackle the electrical system and update everything so I know what's going on. Everything is original and nothing is working but the trim and motor for right now. I'm trying to not get overwhelmed but take it step by step. I have never messed with boat wiring so hopefully it isn't too bad. Fuel lines and sending unit will also be updated. Luckily I have all winter to get her going.

            Comment


            • #7
              Send me an email at DMK one one six at comcast dot net for detailed wiring and Excel spreadsheet for electrical deign. I've helped a number of CM members with their electrical projects. Provide a list of all electrical components to control. Will you be trailering or wet slip, number of bilge pumps, number of batteries you want. Most of us have moved the battery(ies) to under the console. Let me know if I can help. Good luck with your project.
              Keyman[br]Paoli, PA

              Comment


              • #8
                quote:


                Originally posted by keyman


                Send me an email at DMK one one six at comcast dot net for detailed wiring and Excel spreadsheet for electrical deign. I've helped a number of CM members with their electrical projects. Provide a list of all electrical components to control. Will you be trailering or wet slip, number of bilge pumps, number of batteries you want. Most of us have moved the battery(ies) to under the console. Let me know if I can help. Good luck with your project.



                Keyman, thank you for the willingness to offer help. I see your name across the board with electrical advice and I will take you up on your offer and shoot you an email.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Welcome I am also in the savannah area when you afre ready to go out let me know i can show you a few spots for red fish trout and shrimp. Ive got a 17 angler i working on updating as well.
                  Savannah GA[br]1971 17 Angler

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    quote:


                    Originally posted by Jimmy17


                    Welcome I am also in the savannah area when you afre ready to go out let me know i can show you a few spots for red fish trout and shrimp. Ive got a 17 angler i working on updating as well.



                    Jimmy, I will hit you up when I am up and running. Still working out some things right now and work keeps getting in the way for me to accomplish. i would love to join and catch some fish if you go out and need an extra person to ride with.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yea man any time just let me know the mako is torn apart right now while i'm working on it but take the bass boat out until i can get the mako where i want her.
                      Savannah GA[br]1971 17 Angler

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X