Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mako GRP resin at Build

Hi everyone , great forums .

Ive purchased a Mako 252. 1997 in the process of re-build. Tank out and strengthing hull with new foam top hat frames and bulkheads.

Can anyone confirm they type of resin used at build for these hills? Was it polyester, epoxy or vinylester? It would be useful to know to allow for good bonding between new components and existing structure.

Also... not found to many 252s around were they limited in production.?

I believe this one cam from Florida with twin Honda BF130hp on.

Cheers

quote:

Originally posted by Piratedog

Ive purchased a Mako 252. 1997 in the process of re-build. Tank out and strengthing hull with new foam top hat frames and bulkheads.

Can anyone confirm they type of resin used at build for these hulls? Was it polyester, epoxy or vinylester? It would be useful to know to allow for good bonding between new components and existing structure.

Cheers

Comment

Welcome to CM. I am 95% certain they were built with polyester but best to post in the Mako Discussion forum so that more people will see your post.
      quote:

Originally posted by Piratedog

Can anyone confirm they type of resin used at build for these hills? Was it polyester, epoxy or vinylester? It would be useful to know to allow for good bonding between new components and existing structure.

Cheers

1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
      1985 Mako 20c - sold
      Fort Walton Beach, FL
      http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

polyester ftw!

Comment

Working...
        X