New Boat - 1996 Mako 19' - Model?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Boat - 1996 Mako 19' - Model?

Greetings all! I've just purchased a 1996 19' Mako that is my first boat, and I have a lot to learn!

My first question is...who made this hull, and what model is it? The only thing I've been able to discern from the HIN is that it was manufactured in February of 1996. I know this was right in the middle of the company changing hands a few times. I think this is what's called the "19" hull? It looks like up until 1994 it was called a "191 Classic", for 95-96 it was called the "19", and 97-onwards it was "191"? I'm not sure if this understanding lines up exactly with the manufacturing year in the HIN? I haven't been able to find a diagram or photos that explicitly help me figure this out either.

Next on my list is to find the proper manual and schematics for it...

Thanks for any help!

Anybody?

Comment

Welcome to CM! Check out the Q&A History thread in the discussion forum. Brett (tripplebogey), is the owner's son and was still at the factory until the end so if you post the HIN he can tell you more about your model.
      quote:

Originally posted by Thresher

Greetings all! I've just purchased a 1996 19' Mako that is my first boat, and I have a lot to learn!

My first question is...who made this hull, and what model is it? The only thing I've been able to discern from the HIN is that it was manufactured in February of 1996. I know this was right in the middle of the company changing hands a few times. I think this is what's called the "19" hull? It looks like up until 1994 it was called a "191 Classic", for 95-96 it was called the "19", and 97-onwards it was "191"? I'm not sure if this understanding lines up exactly with the manufacturing year in the HIN? I haven't been able to find a diagram or photos that explicitly help me figure this out either.

Next on my list is to find the proper manual and schematics for it...

Thanks for any help!

1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
      1985 Mako 20c - sold
      Fort Walton Beach, FL
      http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

If your 19 has a straight sheerline, and little flair to the bow you have the classic. I've seen late model 1996 and up with the new 19 hull, referred as the 191, which has a curved sheerline bow to stern, and major bow flair. I have a 1998 191. I am AMAZED at the ride and how dry this hull is, I can't speak for the classic. Regarding build quality, structurally mine is strong, fit and finish not so much. Have quite a few fiberglass voids where gel coat chips out on curved edges.
        Salem County, NJ[br]Whaler 15 SS (sold)[br]Mako 191[br]

Comment

Working...
        X