Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photobucket replacement (Sticky?)

Hey guys,

Photobucket is no longer. I have been researching ways to go forward linking pics in the forums. I tried Amazon photos at first thinking that would be convenient to those of us paying for Prime, but it won't give you a permanent link. Imgur looks to be the best option.

1. Sign up for a free account

2. Upload your photo to Imgur, you can upload as public or private. Either option will allow you to link to in the forum.

3. Go to your images and click on the image you want to link. At the top it will give you a link option, select bbcode link. Copy that link and paste into your forum.

4. Code will look like this: [*IMG]http://i.imgur.com/txLZjkK.jpg[/*IMG] without the **

Maybe this will become a sticky to replace the Photobucket thread. Hopefully someday everyone will have time to fix their content. It's a shame so much good stuff got obliterated because someone got greedy.
    1989 Mako 221[br]2016 Suzuki DF250[br]Clearwater, FL[br]Project thread: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=56733[br]Tank, console, windshield, bracket and repower.[br][br]

I tried Imgur over the weekend and found it pretty easy to upload pictures and add one to my signature. The above directions were great. My first attempt had the image way to large, so I did a search on image sizes. I used 320X240 for the image size, seemed to work pretty well.
    Mark Kriz[br]Mako15 1974[br]Mercury Thunderbolt 800 1972[br]Maple Valley, WA[br][br]

Comment

There is a lot work being done right now to migrate the site to a new platform so we are not a hostage to third parties. I've seen the beta and it looks pretty darn good and those that are volunteering their time have done an awesome job of preserving the history as well. Hopefully we can get close to making it reality soon. In the meantime, it seems that Imgur is the best bet for a temporary solution.
      1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
      1985 Mako 20c - sold
      Fort Walton Beach, FL
      http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Sailor, Opps...Thanks to Bravo 2 0

Thank you! Your timing is perfect.

Ole Joe
        Just floundering around
        White Hall & Ocean City, Maryland
        1978 Mako 25

Comment

hi Bravo,

I just signed on to look at my project page photos for the restore of my 21B and saw all the photos were down and many messages about contacting a third party server which wanted a few hundred dollars a year to become a member. Sorry if I'm late on this, it's the first I'm finding out about it.

Is there any way to restore those photos or are they gone? Unfortunately, I apparently didn't save them anyplace but on Classic Mako.

I would appreciate any information.

Miles
          Gloucester, MA

Comment

hi Bravo,

I just signed on to look at my project page photos for the restore of my 21B and saw all the photos were down and many messages about contacting a third party server which wanted a few hundred dollars a year to become a member. Sorry if I'm late on this, it's the first I'm finding out about it.

Is there any way to restore those photos or are they gone? Unfortunately, I apparently didn't save them anyplace but on Classic Mako.

I would appreciate any information.

Miles
            Gloucester, MA

Comment

Working...
            X