New 1990 211 Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 1990 211 Owner

Just closed on a 1990 Mako 211 with Evinrude 200. Boat is clean as a whistle with a nice T-Top. Plan to use it to replace my elderly Boston Whaler in Chatham out on Cape Cod. Hope to post pics in the not too distant future.

I do have two relatively mundane questions: First, the boat doesn't seem to have a fire extinguisher on it. Where is the preferred location to mount one on these boats. Second, one of the teak steps on the gunnel is missing. Is there a decent source for replacement Mako wood parts out there?

Thanks everyone!
    1990 Mako 211 200 Evinrude[br]1976 O\'Day Mariner[br]USCG Licensed 50 ton Master with Near Coastal Route. Homeport, Chatham, Mass.

Welcome to the family and CM! Fire extinguisher's can be mounted anywhere as long as you can get to them when needed. Common places are behind doors of a console so it's in the console and out of the elements.

Check ebay for teak step pads or put a WTB post in the classifieds here. You might get lucky and find someone who has taken theirs off to replace with starboard.
    quote:

Originally posted by Jaspell

Just closed on a 1990 Mako 211 with Evinrude 200. Boat is clean as a whistle with a nice T-Top. Plan to use it to replace my elderly Boston Whaler in Chatham out on Cape Cod. Hope to post pics in the not too distant future.

I do have two relatively mundane questions: First, the boat doesn't seem to have a fire extinguisher on it. Where is the preferred location to mount one on these boats. Second, one of the teak steps on the gunnel is missing. Is there a decent source for replacement Mako wood parts out there?

Thanks everyone!

1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
    1985 Mako 20c - sold
    Fort Walton Beach, FL
    http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Working...
    X