Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member 1980 17' Standard w 1984 Evinrude 115

Thanks for the ad !

Owned my boat since 1990 in Ft Lauderdale. The original (first)owner did a lot of customizing.Lots of wood hatches,knife holders,etc. He replaced console with small guide console.

I used the boat A LOT from 1990 -2000. Fished off Ft Lauderdale,The Keys,Chock.,etc.. moved to Central Fla .Then life got in the way.Kid, divorce (lol) and other stuff. Boat has been sitting for a long time. Filled the cylinders with oil.

Last year started rebirth lol. Hull looks and feels ok. Floor too ! Long story short, was able to make the motor go again with a short test. Had a couple fuel leaks.(auto choke,and VRO2) Replaced some parts. Started with a new bimini,leaning post recovered,sanded ad refinished all the wood. Working on the electrical now.New shift and throttle cables installed.New shifter will be installed in the next week.

Will hopefully get a quick water test once I go over the trailer bearings,new trailer tires,etc. but getting there ! Maybe I can add some pics sometime in the build section and show progress.

I know I need to post and search elsewhere, but I do have a question. The wiring for the bow light. It runs through some pvc and up to the front right side of the boat.I can see the end of the pvc when I poke my head inside the anchor/live jacket/storage area. There is one small hold drilled into a panel and the wire goes from there up to the front of the hull. I have no idea how to get to that wire and replace it. I imagine I will have to drill another small hole in that panel and insert my fish tape electrical wire up in there somehow to get another wire in there . Any ideas ??

Oh ,and I have a custom made anchor locker up there which doesn't help, in my case, either.

Thanks again everyone. And I am glad to have found y'all ! []
    Craig Patrick

Welcome to CM! Have you taken the bow light off yet? If there it is still connected you may be able to use it or use it to pull a new one. post a picture if needed.
    quote:

Originally posted by Cpat22

Thanks for the ad !

Owned my boat since 1990 in Ft Lauderdale. The original (first)owner did a lot of customizing.Lots of wood hatches,knife holders,etc. He replaced console with small guide console.

I used the boat A LOT from 1990 -2000. Fished off Ft Lauderdale,The Keys,Chock.,etc.. moved to Central Fla .Then life got in the way.Kid, divorce (lol) and other stuff. Boat has been sitting for a long time. Filled the cylinders with oil.

Last year started rebirth lol. Hull looks and feels ok. Floor too ! Long story short, was able to make the motor go again with a short test. Had a couple fuel leaks.(auto choke,and VRO2) Replaced some parts. Started with a new bimini,leaning post recovered,sanded ad refinished all the wood. Working on the electrical now.New shift and throttle cables installed.New shifter will be installed in the next week.

Will hopefully get a quick water test once I go over the trailer bearings,new trailer tires,etc. but getting there ! Maybe I can add some pics sometime in the build section and show progress.

I know I need to post and search elsewhere, but I do have a question. The wiring for the bow light. It runs through some pvc and up to the front right side of the boat.I can see the end of the pvc when I poke my head inside the anchor/live jacket/storage area. There is one small hold drilled into a panel and the wire goes from there up to the front of the hull. I have no idea how to get to that wire and replace it. I imagine I will have to drill another small hole in that panel and insert my fish tape electrical wire up in there somehow to get another wire in there . Any ideas ??

Oh ,and I have a custom made anchor locker up there which doesn't help, in my case, either.

Thanks again everyone. And I am glad to have found y'all ! []

1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
    1985 Mako 20c - sold
    Fort Walton Beach, FL
    http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

I have. When I pulled the bow light off , the wires just fell off and back down into the hole! I will work on it and maybe send some pics if needed. Thanks !
      Craig Patrick

Comment

Just FYI. I went ahead and drilled a hole up inside my anchor/life jacket storage area, in the panel on the right side,about one foot in front of where the pvc pipe ends. This way, I could run new wire, and then use my electrical fish tape up to the bow area where the hole for the bow light is. That, with a coat hanger,I was able to find the fish tape, grab it and pull a wire back through and then attach the new wire from the pvc and pull it up to the bow light area . Hope that makes sense.

From now on ,I will post in the correct space . []
        Craig Patrick

Comment

Working...
        X