Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to me 1983 235

Hi all,

My father gave me his 1983 Mako 235. I trailered it all the way from RI to FL. Had to rebuild the trailer and lost a wheel on the way in PA. She's been from Miami, where she was built, to Hawaii, to RI, and now back to her home in FL. When we bought her she was named the "Pau Hana" which apparently means "The end of a good day" in Hawaiian. We kept the name and I don't plan on changing it. Took her out for the first time this past weekend. Upgraded some electronics (Radio and new Simrad that I'm super happy with). She's a little beat up but a great boat, we constantly get looks when on the water. I have a lot of plans for her in the future, and don't ever plan on getting rid of her.

In her future is a new Suzuki 225 or 250, a new transom (not sure if I'm going to enclose it and add a bracket, or just replace the current transom with Coosa). I'm going to keep the wood trim, I bought the sikkens to re-finish it. Going to add a radar dome to the T-top soon as well (Halo20+) as well as a fuel tank (pretty sure it's original) and other small stuff like a fuel sending unit, new steering cylinder, and some other small stuff.

I would really like to re-foam her and replace the drains for the forward fish boxes, but that's a huge project that I'm not confident I can accomplish yet.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

Last edited by Pau Hana; 09-08-2021, 09:18 PM.

Welcome! I'm sure she is enjoying her trip back to Florida. And now she can be enjoyed year round and not have to be put away for the winter.
    95 232 w/225 Opti Hollywood, FL

Comment

Working...
    X