New member looking at a 1987 mako 231

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member looking at a 1987 mako 231

Hey guys and gals new to forum. I am going this weekend to look at an 87 231. Boat has twin 2007 150 etechs. Anything specific I should look out for? Also just curious what the boat should run with this setup and what this setup is approximately worth.

Thanks in advance any information would be great.

Also I ran a moisture meter on the hull and got the highest reading of 30 on the painted part of the transom. Any concerns with that?

Comment

I have no clue on your moisture reading. Twin 150 etecs are low 400# range. Maybe 420. That's over 800# hanging on that boat. Way too heavy in my opinion.
      1984 Mako 238 WA [br]2015 Suzuki 250 APX[br]Central PA/OCMD[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35081[br]

Comment

Yeah twins are really unnecessary on a 231 and are cause for weight concern, I'd agree.

A single 225 or 250 would be better.
        ROGUE I[br]1978 235 CC[br]Newburyport, MA[br]ROGUE II[br]1987 17\' Montauk[br]Camden, ME[br]

Comment

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I was unable to pm Justin. Justin, it looks like you're at Rings Island Marina? If so, that's where I'll be staying this summer. [email protected].

Hope to see you out there!
          Vincent Lambert

Comment

Working...
          X