Hello everybody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everybody

Hi, I'm new to Mako boat ownership, I used to own a 36' searay sundancer and a small achilles with a small 15hp 2t. I have also been a proffesional scuba diver and have worked on most of the recreational dive charter boats here in southern california. My rich friends had always talked about which of their dads makos was best, so a nice mako has always on my mind. When I finally had the opportunity a couple years back, I bought this 1976 mako 25 with a 1989 yamaha 200 2t on a 1976 ezloader trailer, I'm pretty happy with it. So far she has treated me pretty good.
    I sold the trailer and have it in the water full time here in long beach, california right by the PCH club, but i"m planning on getting a triple axle trailer with brakes to make some road trips up and down the coast. The goal is to take more trips and see more places here along the west coast. So I've been looking for info and ideas about my mako, and that has led me here to classic mako.
    I'm planning on mostly using it in the local waters between Orange and LA counties as well as Catalina and San Clemente islands. But road trips to other islands north and south to teach my wife and 2 sons about the ocean, diving, fishing and just plain ol' having a good time with family and friends sounds like the thing to do.
    So far we've done some sight seeing, rockfishing, chased some tail, and done a couple lobster hunts, and hoopnet trips. I have done some solo camping over night at Catalina Island. A new front dodger is in the plans as well as some sort of shade structure for the t-top.

Next month I'm gonna take her to the boat yard for some bottom paint, outboard maintenance (oil, impeller, & plugs) and I might even add a swim step/ ladder and some lumitec seablazex2's but I'm not so sure about drilling holes beneath the water line. If anyone has some knowledge about these lights in a fulltime slipped boat, please let me know, cuz I'm kinda gunshy about it...

I'm looking forward to chatting with all of you as I learn more about this boat that I always wanted, so I'm pleased to meet all of you.

Click image for larger version  Name:	67090802_2410102242343759_4301345339614429184_n.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	42.1 KB ID:	549957
    here we got boarded by fish and game after a night of family hoop netting to make sure we didn't have any shorties:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	71073534_2534933863193929_8765920945673076736_n.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	54.6 KB ID:	549958
    Click image for larger version  Name:	img_uxM3gUolRhomvI4.jpeg Views:	3 Size:	62.2 KB ID:	549959
    Last edited by divemaster; 02-22-2021, 11:10 PM.

Welcome aboard!
    Nice ride...
    I like the "T-top" you have installed.
    1992 211 w/175 OptiMax
    Glen Campbell, Pa.

Comment

Working...
    X