reinstalling seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reinstalling seats

Hello all and Happy Thanksgiving. (belated) I am thinking of taking out the leaning post on my ' '88 - 231. and reinstalling swivel seats. I can see on the deck and coffin lid there were seats originally. My question is are the seat bases typically mounted with large stainless screws or some sort of bolt and anchor system? I have just resealed the lid etc with life caulk - hate to have to rip it up and go through all that again. Any help or shared experiences would be appreciated.

Regards,

Bob S
    [br]

quote:

Originally posted by Bob_S

Hello all and Happy Thanksgiving. (belated) I am thinking of taking out the leaning post on my ' '88 - 231. and reinstalling swivel seats. I can see on the deck and coffin lid there were seats originally. My question is are the seat bases typically mounted with large stainless screws or some sort of bolt and anchor system? I have just resealed the lid etc with life caulk - hate to have to rip it up and go through all that again. Any help or shared experiences would be appreciated.

Regards,

Bob S

West marine sells toggle bolts with plastic tails that may work. Since the coffin lid is up you may have an option to cut a hole in the side of the coffin to acces the underside and install SS bolts and washers. Best chance for more input is to post this in projects or discussuon

Good luck
    1984 Mako 238 WA [br]2015 Suzuki 250 APX[br]Central PA/OCMD[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35081[br]

Comment

Working...
    X