Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member and new owner / 1987 21B

Hello to all,

I have been a visitor on the site for a few years now, A boter for many years. I have had a few boats in the past but always wanted and Loved Makos. Been a diver and avid fisherman I appreciate a strong and sturdy hull. To me they are in the elite offshore class as Grady's and such from the old school days so I'm excited to have found a very clean 1987 21B with a Yamaha 200 about 130 miles from me and going tomorrow (Sat.) to do the sea trial and hopefully take her home. I have some photos from the CL ad but will wait to post any until it's said & done tomorrow.

According to the owner this is a very sought after hull and he takes her 30-40 miles offshore all the time here in the gulf. Transom seems solid, deck is as hard as concrete so I'm hoping she will perform well.

Any problematic items to look out for on this model or in general will be much appreciated.

Thanks, Mike
    Mike,[br]1987 21B W / 1994 Yamaha 200[br]New Port Richey, Fl.[br]

Transom, does it flex? gas tank any smell of gas in the bilge, wiring how messy wires on top of wires,condition of the hull in general, beat up, nicks, major cracks, and soft spots in the floor. If you can get a compression check on the engine it would be good. Trailer, springs rusted or split off ,tires ,wear, lights ,do they work? It helps to get several eyes on the boat as you may miss things someone else may catch. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks Dogman, Well she checked out to just about all mentioned the only real Issue is the trailer as It's and old galvanized unit and need springs, tires and some other things... but no big deal it handled the 125 mile trek back home after I bought her. Compression was 120/125 on all 6 cyl so we took her out and I was all smiles, tach does not work but 42 mph WOT on the gps. She came with a Humminbird KVD 859 (real nice) GPS/Downscan unit...so I added some photos of her on the dock before we took her out and finally at her new home next to my house... now the adventure begins...[8D]

Well.. can't figure out how to post photos, I will come back and add some in a bit

Comment

Trying to figure out how to upload photos.. do you have to have photobucket? I use dropbox would that work?

Comment

Ok, figured I had to set up a photobucket account after some research here..This is her Saturday morning 11/19 just before the sea trial.

[img][/URL][/img]

[img][/URL][/img]

[img][/URL][/img]

[img][/URL][/img]

Comment

Looks good! Get fishing!

Comment

Thanks, heading out next Saturday to do just that... !!!

Comment

Identical to my 21 except for the T-Top and leaning post. We use ours at the lake up north but it came from down here in florida at one time. Great fishing and family boating platform...enjoy

dave
                [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

VERY NICE!
                  88\' mako 171 special[br]evinrude 88 spl[br]mentor headlands,ohio

Comment

Thanks Guy's had her out this weekend. WOT @ 44.3 mph on GPS ran great caught a few spanish Marcare and a bonnet head...

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Comment

Hey Michigan Dave, My wife has some family up in Grand Haven we were up there in Oct. but we are in Central FL. Now I brought my Mako up from Venice about 135 miles up to it's new home in New Port Richey where we reside now.

Comment

Hey Michigan Dave, My wife has some family up in Grand Haven we were up there in Oct. but we are in Central FL. Now I brought my Mako up from Venice about 135 miles up to it's new home in New Port Richey where we reside now.

Comment

Working...
                        X