Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member Intro

Hey everybody,

Been lurking on these forums for awhile researching while I was hunting for my first (half) a boat. A friend and I just bought an '83 171 Angler with a '98 Mercury 2 stroke. Spent a lot of time boat less fishing, but I'm brand new to boating, at least when it comes to my own, so I'm sure I'll have questions for a lot of ya'll in the coming time.

I was was going to survey everyone here about some safety gear, but I made the jump anyway and already purchased an EPIRB and PLB as I do plan to run this boat offshore as much as possible when the weather allows. I know a 17 isn't an ideal offshore vessel but from what I've read here, it seems I'd be able to run 15 miles out or so without too much worry if I pick my days. I also plan on getting a self-inflating hydrostatic PFD if I ever do venture off alone.

If any of you are in the South Fl area and ever want to ride out together or anything for some social distance fishing, let me know. Always welcome to any tips or knowledge from any of you as well.

Looking forward to being a part of the ClassicMako community.

Peace.
Working...
X