Mako 236 New Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mako 236 New Owner

Greetings CM members! I just picked up a 1983 236 and after studying some of the posts I hope to make this resto a little bit easier with your past experiences! It has helped so far!

quote:

Originally posted by fishercat

Greetings CM members! I just picked up a 1983 236 and after studying some of the posts I hope to make this resto a little bit easier with your past experiences! It has helped so far!

[img][URL=http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/fishercat442/media/20160826_182209_zps4lwmzk9s.jpg.html][IMG]

Welcome to CM!

1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
    1985 Mako 20c - sold
    Fort Walton Beach, FL
    http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Thanks Sailor. I have wanted a Mako for a long time and always looked around, checking the classifieds, CL, etc. I even considered financing a new boat, but didn't want the payments.

After getting frustrated this season, going out on friends boats, I started looking for a 19' or 20' boat and realized that I needed more boat to fish Block Island, Cuttyhunk, and Cape Cod. I looked at 25's and a rampage 28', and though the right size for the type of fishing I wanted to do, it was too much boat and I wouldn't be able to trailer them.

When the 236 popped up, after reading the forum, I knew it was the boat for me! I Made the initial call and inquiry, thought about it for a week and I pretty much knew what to expect when I went to look at her, and made a deal that day. I made the right decision by getting it ready for next season, rather than attempting to run it this year.

Comment

[img]

[/img]

[img]

[/img]

No surprise here after 33 years...

[img]

[/img]

[img]

[/img]

After a cleaning with a scotch brite pad

[img]

[/img]

[img]

[/img]

[img]

[/img]

I didn't waste any time and dove right in! Removed t-top, console, rear hatch. As expected, corroded wiring, wet foam around tanks and engine mounts and plates looking really weak. The engine is ready to pull. I have started draining fuel and cutting foam around tanks. I already have 3 quotes on the fuel tanks. I'll let you know who I go with when I decide.

[img]

[/img]

Kudos to you guys that have pulled fuel tanks,I have a new found respect for you! I would not call it graceful or professional, but the port tank is out! One down one to go...

[img]

[/img]

[img]

[/img]

[img]

[/img]

Comment

Welcome...I enjoyed my inboard for the time I had her...not a good shallow water boat but we all know that...rode well, and got pretty good fuel burn....yours is the newer style over mine. Enjoy..

d
          [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

Welcome! Nice to see another 236 show up!

[]
            [br]***[br]\'82 Ski Nautique - Lake Martin, AL[br]\'80 236IB - Lake Martin, AL[br]\'03 Pursuit 2670 - Destin, FL

Comment

Working...
            X