Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member - 1976 23' Mako

Greetings,

I'm from a small town near Portland, Maine, and I'm new on the Classic Mako Forum. I am currently restoring a 1976 23' Mako, Hull #104440276-M23B. I have contacted a local marina about possible proulsion systems and they advised me to look into the Evinrude E-Tec G2 Motor. In this conversation with the local marina, I was told to reach out to Bob Carpenter from Westbrook, Maine, who is basically in my backyard; a few towns from me. After this conversation, the marina gave my information to Bob, and reached out to me, stating he is willing to lend a hand with this restoration project. Bob is known around the Mako world after his completion of Annie II and Annie III, and I'm looking forward to see where this project will end.

I am a professional mariner with over 40 years of experience, ranging from all sizes and types of vessels. Any input from members on this forum concerning previous projects or ideas would be greatly appriecated.

The picture below was taken after I purchased the boat. At the current time, the boat is taken down to the stringers, and the exterior and interior have been media blasted.

Fair wind and following seas,

Rob

If any one knows any information about this boat, can you please give me a hand. Its a 1976 Mako, not sure what the model is, if they had one at that time. The hull number is in my previous post.

Thanks Rob

Comment

Hey Rob,

Looking forward to seeing your project!

We'll connect when you get back.

bc
      Bob Carpenter [br] Maine[br]1969 Boston Whaler 13\' (Annie3 1/2) [br]Built Annie2 and Annie3 which can be seen in The Project pages[br]

Comment

Working...
      X