Create Solar Powered 23' Mako Paddle Wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create Solar Powered 23' Mako Paddle Wheel

First I wanted to say thanks to all the members who have posted their rebuilds on the site. It's been great to see how fantastic your Mako's came out and I appreciated you sharing. I just became a member today. I was able to purchase a 1973 23' Mako for what I thought was a very good buy. The hull is in good shape the floor is in good shape. Basically the fiberglass looks pretty sound. It was purchased with no engine. Purchase also included the trailer.

I want to convert it into a solar powered paddle wheel boat. The style of the boat really isn't a common one here in Central Wisconsin. I hope I'm not offending any Mako faithful or truest. I'd like to not have it look like junk and this appears to make a great conversation piece as well as not using fossil fuels.
    cwb

Welcome to CM. This should be an interesting project to watch.
    quote:

Originally posted by MakoChad

First I wanted to say thanks to all the members who have posted their rebuilds on the site. It's been great to see how fantastic your Mako's came out and I appreciated you sharing. I just became a member today. I was able to purchase a 1973 23' Mako for what I thought was a very good buy. The hull is in good shape the floor is in good shape. Basically the fiberglass looks pretty sound. It was purchased with no engine. Purchase also included the trailer.

I want to convert it into a solar powered paddle wheel boat. The style of the boat really isn't a common one here in Central Wisconsin. I hope I'm not offending any Mako faithful or truest. I'd like to not have it look like junk and this appears to make a great conversation piece as well as not using fossil fuels.

1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
    1985 Mako 20c - sold
    Fort Walton Beach, FL
    http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Welcome to CM! Will the paddle wheel come with reverse?
      David, New Kent, Va[br]

[br]Project Thread: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=21067[br]

Comment

Working...
      X