Newbie introduction__1983 224

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie introduction__1983 224

I have been following this forum for awhile and let me say there are some beautiful Mako's on here. The knowlege here is amazing. I got alot of good info that helped me make what I think was a good purchase.

A few days ago I bought an 83 224 with a 2000 Johnson 200hp. Solid original floors and transom. I absolutely love this boat, the open bow awesome!!.

I grew up fishing with my dad on his 81 256, so I am a familiar with the brand but not with the 224.

I plan on adding some trim tabs, and moving the batteries to under the console.

If there are any other good upgrades or mods for this model, I'm all ears.

Thanks

1983 224

Welcome! Non Mako owning member here, this is the best site for advice and those that have your model. Great attitudes found here, real character here. TC.

BWP
    [br]Starcraft Bluewater 180, 1988[br]1996 Mercury 115 2+2 exlpto[br]Project Link: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=46572

Comment

Welcome! Non Mako owning member here, this is the best site for advice and those that have your model. Great attitudes found here, real character here. TC.

BWP
      [br]Starcraft Bluewater 180, 1988[br]1996 Mercury 115 2+2 exlpto[br]Project Link: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=46572

Comment

Looks nice, mine is one year older and was neglected so lots of little projects. I don't have tabs and batteries are in the stern but no issues with ride or drainage at this point with the 2 stroke so I am leaving them back there. I haven't decided what to do with the original bilge plumbing yet, if you redo, please post a picture. Best of luck. Bill
        Bill[br]84\' 224, 98\' 200 Merc

Comment

Looks nice, mine is one year older and was neglected so lots of little projects. I don't have tabs and batteries are in the stern but no issues with ride or drainage at this point with the 2 stroke so I am leaving them back there. I haven't decided what to do with the original bilge plumbing yet, if you redo, please post a picture. Best of luck. Bill
          Bill[br]84\' 224, 98\' 200 Merc

Comment

Here are a couple more pics. I removed the bow rail when I got it home.

1983 224

Comment

Here are a couple more pics. I removed the bow rail when I got it home.

1983 224

Comment

Working...
              X