looking for info on cushions, leaning post 1987 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for info on cushions, leaning post 1987 21

I am repowering my 1987 21. It has two seats, I was told there are leaning posts available to retrofit to the seat posts. Any input on that?

Also, never saw cushions for the bow area, but wife and kids would like them.

I have a bimini with rips in it. Looking for some local advice (from anyone here I mean.)

Thanks for any help.

Fletch
    Fletch

I found a Todd leaning post that fits to the seat posts but the ID of the mounts is 2 7/8, while the existing OD of the Mako posts is 2 1/2".

Working on sending some photos.

I'll be fixing up a lot of things, looking forward to it.
    Fletch

Comment

[img]

[/img]
      Fletch

Comment

[img]

[/img]
        Fletch

Comment

[img]

[/img]

fun on the Jackal. Testing photo posting. I'm new.
          Fletch

Comment

[img]

[/img]

fun on the Jackal. Testing photo posting. I'm new.
            Fletch

Comment

Fletch,

Same issue for me, thought about the Todd but wrong size posts, thought about making a spacer to make up the difference? Maybe I will just remove the pedestals and go with a regular leaning post, keeping my seats for now. If yours are in good shape and you want to sell them let me know. Mine are in bad shape and I'm not getting any lighter!
              Bill[br]84\' 224, 98\' 200 Merc

Comment

Fletch,

Same issue for me, thought about the Todd but wrong size posts, thought about making a spacer to make up the difference? Maybe I will just remove the pedestals and go with a regular leaning post, keeping my seats for now. If yours are in good shape and you want to sell them let me know. Mine are in bad shape and I'm not getting any lighter!
                Bill[br]84\' 224, 98\' 200 Merc

Comment

Great looking boat...love the old 21's Check on craigslist for a local marine canvas and upholstery place, start by getting a quote for what your wife wants up in the bow area. It does make a nice place for the wife and kids to relax.... see you on the water...

d
                  [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

Great looking boat...love the old 21's Check on craigslist for a local marine canvas and upholstery place, start by getting a quote for what your wife wants up in the bow area. It does make a nice place for the wife and kids to relax.... see you on the water...

d
                    [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

Not sure where you are located but I just hired Atlantic Custom Canvas in Pasadena MD to make me a set of custom bow cushions on my 221.

They are coming next week to make their patterns. $750.00

Gotta make the wife and kids happy or they wont go out on the boat!!
                      Brian[br]1992 Mako 221[br]1987 Bayliner 17 (sold)[br]1963 Elgin (sold)[br]Pasadena,MD[br][email protected][br]I am a PROUD DEPLORABLE[br]\"Make America Great Again\"[br]

Comment

Not sure where you are located but I just hired Atlantic Custom Canvas in Pasadena MD to make me a set of custom bow cushions on my 221.

They are coming next week to make their patterns. $750.00

Gotta make the wife and kids happy or they wont go out on the boat!!
                        Brian[br]1992 Mako 221[br]1987 Bayliner 17 (sold)[br]1963 Elgin (sold)[br]Pasadena,MD[br][email protected][br]I am a PROUD DEPLORABLE[br]\"Make America Great Again\"[br]

Comment

Working...
                        X