New to Me 2001 221cc__need to find someone w/same

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Me 2001 221cc__need to find someone w/same

Hello all I just picked up a Mako 221cc 01 model with a 2011 evinrude 200 saltwater 50 hours on her.

I need to find someone with a fairly similar hull to ask some questions

Looking forward to becoming active and hearing all comments

thanks
    Don[br]ON ISLAND TIME[br] in Bokeelia[br]

Congratulations on your new Mako and welcome to CM! What questions do you have? Many of us are familiar with many different models, plus your question might be generic to all models so we might be able to answer. PS, pictures help a LOT. look in the FAQs for directions on posting pictures.
    quote:

Originally posted by DMcGowan

Hello all I just picked up a Mako 221cc 01 model with a 2011 evinrude 200 saltwater 50 hours on her.

I need to find someone with a fairly similar hull to ask some questions

Looking forward to becoming active and hearing all comments

thanks

1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
    1985 Mako 20c - sold
    Fort Walton Beach, FL
    http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Thanks For the Reply Sailor !! I will study the picture posting stuff later never had much luck with it but will learn[]

1) there is a black threaded cap starboard aft in front of the rear storage on top rail if you push down and turn its a fill for something?? any clues

2) all the deck fittings cleats, rope guides hinges, ect seem to have stripped out screws Was thinking about going up one size screw and some 5200 in the holes and refastening everything

any thoughts are appreciated
      Don[br]ON ISLAND TIME[br] in Bokeelia[br]

Comment

I have a 98' 221 and the threaded cap in front of storage is a fill line to the oil tank that sits down underneath the pull out box. I bet your boat at one time might have had a tank in that location. On loose screws I take a little marine tex and fill holes a bit not completely and then reinstall same size screws. It usually works as long as the original glass has some thickness to it.

Comment

Also check those rod holders, they have drain tubes that drain out to back deck. You should see two small drain holes at the 6 o'clock position below the 4" access port on both sides. Take a dry vac and put the hose on the discharge side and blow from bottom up. My starboard one had a crack on the bottom and was letting rain water into my foam. Got most of it out but couldn't reach it all. I love my 221 and am in the process of giving her a face lift. I will help you out anyway I can.

Comment

Working...
          X