New member and new to me 235

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member and new to me 235

So after years of wanting to get a larger seaworthy boat, I finally found a 1981 235. She is a bit rough but a good starting point, floors, stringers and transom seem solid. Drilled a few test holes in the transom, while it is wet, its not soaked and should be good until a future re-power. Currently powered by a 1992 225 Evinrude. The project will start in the early spring, should be fun!

Long Island, New York

Few more pics.

Console doesn't look too bad, the wiring thats another story.

Long Island, New York

Comment

Don't have a good feeling about the gas tank either but I wont speculate until it pulled out. Praying it can be pulled, cleaned, coated and reinstalled with new lines.

Long Island, New York

Comment

nice looking boat, what your plans for the project? and welcome to the forum, I am a new member as well. I just purchased a 1970 19' and plan on totally restoring it.
        1970 19\' Mako[br]1985 15\' Chaparral Deluxe 162[br]

Comment

As much as I would love to do a complete rebuild, it's not in the cards for now.

So the plan is

Gas tank and associated lines

New wiring throughout

Cutdown or remove the bow rail

and probably 100 other things

Motor seem solid for now, good compression and good lower unit seals. So I rebuilt the carbs, new water pump and needed a shift shaft seal. Idles a little high but I'll figure that out once I can get in the water for back pressure.

I rebuild a 16ft Glastron about 10 years ago. Learned a lot, mainly don't cut corners because you will regret it later. So if I come across something I'm not sure of I'll be here reading and asking questions or if I can't afford to tackle correctly it will wait until I can.

The hard part will be deciding to work on the Mako or enjoy a day on the water with a working boat!

Long Island, New York

Comment

cool, sounds good and good look.
            1970 19\' Mako[br]1985 15\' Chaparral Deluxe 162[br]

Comment

Working...
            X