Potential Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential Owner

Back in the early 2000s I feel in love with a friends 23' Mako around Martha's Vineyard. I grew up with a Newport Whaler, also a great boat but quite different. I liked the Mako's flexibilty. Now I'm in a position to potentially get a boat in the spring, I'm torn on what to look for. This is MY first boat, while I've had a Whaler in the family for years, I've never been responsible for maintenance, etc.

I'm in between a 19' or a ~23' Mako, I think the 23' foot will be better suited for Connecticut shores off Clinton to Watch Hill.

I live close to the shore and should be able to tow either with my SC F150. I have a young family 3 kids ages 1-6. Any opinions? I'm not so concerned with initial expenditure as I am with gas cost every time I run. I am not looking to spend $500 on gas every time I head out on the weekend.

I just picked up my first boat after using my dads and uncles for a few years and got a deal on a solid running 21'. all i can say is u cant go wrong with any of these mako's. As always if you can find a sold 23' footer go for it bigger is always better right[]. My 2 cents is go 21-23 for me the 19 and 20 just dont have a big enough freeboard and thats for me and my college friends with little kids id want the highest freeboard possible
    John[br]1989 Mako 210 (Sold and Missed)[br]

Comment

My primary usage for my boat is fishing. For years I thought I wanted to sell my walk around and get a center consul. I as well have a young family and they get a lot of use out of the cabin. My wife is able to store any and everything she wants and a dry accessible location. The kids have a place to get out of the sun, take a nap, and play. We were caught several times by storms and family had a place to get out of the weather. Even for me when I'm fishing for the cabin offers a lot more protection than the center consul. I'm not a Fairweather fisherman so this makes it nice. Friends of mine who have center consuls in the same size boat do not write as nice as mine. The added weight of the cab it makes for a smoother ride Then a boat about the same size.
      1984 Mako 238 WA [br]2015 Suzuki 250 APX[br]Central PA/OCMD[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35081[br]

Comment

Go with a 23' or 22' with that crew.

The gas usage will depend on what engine is on it.

And you don't have to go with a 4 stroke.
        2007 Everglades 243 250 Suzuki[br]1988 201 Yamaha 200 - Sold[br]1990 261 T/200 SWS - Sold[br]1978 25 225 Johnson - Sold[br]1975 20 85 Merc - Sold[br]Jacksonville, FL[br]

Comment

I have a 1990 230 W/A with an ETEC 250 with 80 hours on it. The entire boat has been redone. Paint, wiring engine bracket all lights, powder coating, cushions and pumps. Aluminum trailer just serviced with new tires.

email me if interested.

brettmcg230 at yah00.com
          1998 253 W/A Suzuki 300

Comment

Get 6 % discount from fifa16shop.com for coins/points. Coupon Code:vipcoins

With 6% off FOREVER at Fifaeasy.com! Coupon Code: cheapcoins .

6% off from salefifa16coins.com! Come to get it now!Coupon Code:GG

Want cheapest and reliable fifa 16 coins? Get 6% off from mmogoogle.com!Just use VIPCODE to get cheapest fifa16 coins &points now! Coupon Code: VIPCODE

http://www.fifaeasy.com/

Comment

What? Above. Not OP.

BWP
              [br]Starcraft Bluewater 180, 1988[br]1996 Mercury 115 2+2 exlpto[br]Project Link: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=46572

Comment

Working...
              X