new member__new owner need help !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new member__new owner need help !!!

hey guys , I just picked up a 19 ft mako cc,, trying nail this boat down the old guy I bought it from said his wife and him bought it in the late 60's to get back and forth from there island they owned in Maine ,, its regesterd as a 1965 ,,the tag is missing from the transom ,,, it has a blue floor and no keel ,,, a very early model Im guessing ,,, did these boats have a molded in hull number hidden some place ,,any help with the history would be great ,,, the thing is solid as a rock ,,,and in very good shape for a 50 year old boat ,, thanks Tim ,, Wildwood Marine

[img][/img]

Comment

holy crap I cant believe I got a pic up ,, thanks t kgfisher for that ,,I realy love this site a lot of info here on theses old boats ,, Ive been reading Bretts thread , you guys are so lucky to have him here,, I run a small shop on the south east shore of lake Ontario ,been working on boats for about forty years ,, my wife and I lived in cortez fl, for 20 years ,, I worked for gene whipp at gulfwind marine in Sarasota for a few years and then struckout on my own ,, I ran a mobile service out of cortez for many years ,, been back up north for awhile , been buying and selling boats , just got done with a 75 montauck restoration , that went to Lakeland fla ,, the story goes I picked this boat up to restore , shes in real good shape ,was in a barn for 25 years the owner said ,, but the reg, he gave me was for a 1965 that I found out here cant be right ,, reading brett's thread I looked all over this boat and cant find the hull number , looked in all the lockers ,under the rub rail ,, nothing ,, was hoping someone could date this boat for me ,, thanks ,, Tim

Comment

Working...
      X