New Mako owner/member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mako owner/member

Well hello everyone. I am a long time Boston Whaler and Potter built Seacraft owners, and this is my first time to own a Mako. I have recently acquired a 1979 18' Backcountry/flyfisher hull #9 once owned by Bob Duffy. It has a custom tunnel put in by Carl Koehler back in 1992 or 1993 when the boat was gone through. When the tunnel was installed, they additionally raised the transom 5" and I was told it would float in 8", up in 10", and run in 6"! I bought the hull from a gentleman down in Ingleside, Texas that had it since 2008 and he bought it from another gentleman down in Harlingen, Texas. The person I bought it from also had hull #24 which he went through and this one just sat for 7 years. This will be a father/daughter project to get her up and going again. It is sitting on a freshwater 2010 galvanized trailer and be powered by a fresh 2000 Mercury 90 on a Bob's jackplate. We are removing/replacing all the fuel lines and wiring and will be installing a Seastar no feedback Pro tilt helm. The outside of the hull is in good condition and we will be masking off the hatch areas with the nonskid and rolling on some Tuff Coat...a product utilized by the USCG, Disney, etc. I would post some pictures if I knew how. I also found another hull here in the Houston area that I wound up passing on because of condition...not bad, but this one was better. That hull was still owned by the original owner kinda, the grandfather bought it new and passed it on to his grandson prior to passing.

Welcome to the forum and the club. The 18 is a nice find, but we need pics. Here is a link on how to:

http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=45829
    OBX, NC - 1992 Mako M-231 - 99 Yamaha ox66 225 -Sold-[br]

Comment

Comment

...and here is hull #24...

Comment

Working...
        X