Welcome back!

Leave a comment:

• Sailor
    replied
    Very cool story. Welcome back!

Leave a comment:

• michigan dave
    replied
    Welcome back to an old friend....both you and your old 25...

dave

Leave a comment:

• FishStix
    started a topic New Member

Hi all,

I'm a looooong time lurker. My dad has been a member since 2004, and we both followed the forum before that even.

My dad had a 1976 Mako 25'. I remember when he found this boat back in the early 80's. It was a hull laying up in the marsh mud, with a console laying in the mud behind it. He got the boat, and we got it home. We repainted the bottom. and he refitted the console. He had to pretty much redo everything on it, wiring, hoses, repower, trim tabs etc. He built the trailer and Tower with the help of my uncle. The boat looked great, and ran like a champ. We fished the hell out of this boat for many years. Lots of offshore trips and memories. Anyways, I moved out and started a family of my own. The boat got used less and less, and fell into need of repair. My Dad got older, and it has got harder for him to do the work it needs. He started a thread her 11 yrs ago about redoing the tanks on it. He in fact did a new tank swap, and all new fuel lines. He just had the motor serviced, and gone through completely (1998-ish Merc 250 offshore series ). The motor runs great, and we have run it a few times lately. My Dad was looking to sell this boat and use the money for something else. and I couldn't let it go just yet. So I purchased the boat from him. Don't have a plan in place just yet, but you will probably see a few post coming from me in the near future.

A link to one of my dads old post can be seen here.http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=987

A link to a few photos as she sits now.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsk9RTEWQ

Larry C
Working...
X