New Member with a 79 21'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member with a 79 21'

New here. Just picked up a 79 21' with a 2000 Johnson 200 Ocean Pro. Seems to be a pretty solid boat. Had to replace the gas filler hose coming from the aluminum pipe to the tank elbow because the old one was all rotted. Looking forward to restoring the boat to a newer condition as time goes on. Plan on having this boat for the long haul.

Nick

quote:

Originally posted by nburgart

New here. Just picked up a 79 21' with a 2000 Johnson 200 Ocean Pro. Seems to be a pretty solid boat. Had to replace the gas filler hose coming from the aluminum pipe to the tank elbow because the old one was all rotted. Looking forward to restoring the boat to a newer condition as time goes on. Plan on having this boat for the long haul.

Nick

Welcome to CM! Make sure you read the new member faq section so you can post pictures. Usually with the gas fill it's the alumiumn that rots and leaks fuel in the boat. Definitely plan on replacing it if you didn't when you did the hose.
    1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
    1985 Mako 20c - sold
    Fort Walton Beach, FL
    http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Hi nburgart congrats on you boat it looks like we have the same idea. I am pretty much done with my resto except a few details. I'll try to post pictures soon. I had the exact same problem with the fuel supply line going to the tank. The aluminum was rotted and when fueling would leak fuel into the boat. I just abandoned it removed the flexible hose part and made a new fuel neck going into the left side of center console. Works well. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
      X