New Member__1982__228 Cuddy "1st Boat"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member__1982__228 Cuddy "1st Boat"

Hello all I got the boat and trailer for a steal IMHO! Engine was missing the lower unit but I was able to find on the cheap. Helps that I'm handy (previously a mechanic for 20 years (diesel, small engine, two cycle) not too familiar with fiberglass though. Once I get the engine going I'm looking to pull the fuel tank lid to see what I have. Also, need to work on steering and cables....a lot of the small things need love. Overall hoping to draw on the deep knowledge on this site and maybe some local members.

Lot of work to be done 1982 Mako 228 My Precious

Congrats and welcome to the Owners Club.
    OBX, NC - 1992 Mako M-231 - 99 Yamaha ox66 225 -Sold-[br]

Comment

Welcome to the Madness! And the small group of cabin owners
      1984 Mako 238 WA [br]2015 Suzuki 250 APX[br]Central PA/OCMD[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35081[br]

Comment

Thank you for the welcome. How rough a trip do I have?

I have been poking around a bit on the forums. What is the best thread for the tank?

In addition, I contacted Ocean Dynamics about my windshield powder coating they seemed a little high priced from the articles I have seen here.

I have lots of questions what forum is the best place to ask them?[]
        Lot of work to be done 1982 Mako 228 My Precious

Comment

Welcome my precious!

1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
          1985 Mako 20c - sold
          Fort Walton Beach, FL
          http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Enjoy that thing before you tear into it... It's summer... Wait until it cools off to start the madness. Trust me, once you start you'll triple your budget and the amount of time you spend working on it is limitless
            1990 - 261 [br]1968 -19 (First 40)[br][email protected]

Comment

Working...
            X